Monday, June 17, 2013

Elder Facer: Signing Off

Who would've thought we'd make it this far this fast.  Two years has seemed like nothing, while at the same time it's seemed like forever.  I've forgotten what a life outside of missionary service is, but I'm about to be thrown right back into it.  I've tried not to think about it too much, but now it's right here and I have to think about it to be prepared for it.  I suppose this is what you call being between a rock and a hard place, or as the Spanish say (and I think it's better) entre la espada y la pared (between the sword and the wall). 

I've been joking with some other Elders that mom was going to have a harder time with me coming home than I was because she'd have nothing to do on Monday mornings, and I just realized how true that is.  Writing weekly letters has become a big part of my life and my connection with all of you.  It sounds like everyone had a busy week.  So many things have changed.  I haven't written to Brett yet, but I'm going to every week when I get home.  That's weird to me that mom's seen my friends so much and I haven't for so long.  I'm glad to hear they're doing well, though. 

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.  Being a father is an incredible gift, and I'd be just a shell of who I am were it not for the example of my righteous father.  I love you Dad. 

By the way, I had a thought that if we can, I'd like for Dad to release me outside the Salt Lake Temple.  I don't know how far it is from the airport or if that would be a huge hassle, but if we can work it out, I'd really want that.  If not, we can just do it once we get to Betsy's house. 

I started preparing my homecoming talk yesterday and realized I have so much I want to say that I won't be able to because of time, so I think it would be an appropriate time now to share some of the biggest lessons I've learned on my mission. 

Lesson 1: We can be happy at any time, in any place, and in any situation.  Happiness and peace are not dependent on circumstance.  We have been given the power to act and to change our circumstance.  God made us in His image so that we could act, and not be acted upon.  Some of the hardest times in my mission have helped me learn that as long as I'm doing what I know is right, I can be happy (see Phillipians 4:11). 

Lesson 2: The gospel can solve our problems if we will just apply it.  There is a law irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundation of this earth upon which all blessings are predicated, and when we receive any blessing from God, it is by obedience to the law upon which it is predicated.  If we lack blessings in our lives, it is because we aren't following the law upon which that blessing is predicated.  If we obey with faith that God will fulfill His promises, He will do so and we will receive the blessings we need.  There is no substitute, for God Himself is bound by that law. 

Lesson 3: Eternal life is worth any sacrifice we have to make or sin we have to give up.  What will a man give in exchange for his soul? I can't suppose there's anything that would be more valuable to us than having eternal progress, continuation of seed, all power, all things being subject to us, living in eternal families for the rest of eternity, and being gods.  Can you? 

Lesson 4: Understanding who we are is absolutely essential.  The last three or four times that an apostle/70 has spoken to our mission, they have told us "you need to know who you are".  They don't worry about the methods we're using or our teaching or finding efforts.  They are concerned that we know who we are.  I've begun to understand what they mean.  When a person knows that He is a child of God, there comes with that knowledge great power.  Understanding what it means to be a child of God allows us to overcome even as Christ overcame.  It gives us understanding of our personal place in God's plan.  Although His plan is for all of His children, we each have a special part in it that our Heavenly Father wants us to fulfill. 

Lesson 5: No matter who we are, what we've done, what we're suffering, or how far off the path we are, the Atonement of Jesus Christ can heal us.  I've made the effort throughout my mission to have a real relationship with Christ and understand more fully His Atonement.  I've achieved a very special, personal understanding of it, but I still understand very little of what the Savior of the world did for us almost 2000 years ago.  I love the talk given by Sister Burton in the October General Relief Society Meeting.  We need to have the doctrine of the Atonement written in our hearts; it needs to be part of who we are.  We need to know that everyone, righteous or sinner, needs the Atonement, and all can apply it at any time in their lives, especially when we suffer.  I have come to love the Savior more than life itself.  I am nothing without Him. 

I bear you my witness that Jesus is the Christ.  I testify that God is our Father.  Both of them love us in a way that we can only begin to comprehend in this life.  I know that we, as children of the covenant, are children of both God and Christ.  There is no greater work for us to do than to declare these truths to all nations and invite them to come unto Christ and be saved.  I don't know how anyone who has a testimony of God's plan for us could withhold that precious knowledge from anyone who doesn't have that in their lives.  I'm so grateful that the Lord sent me, the weakest and most simple of all men, to share His gospel.  I am a living proof that this is not the work of any man, but of the Almighty God of Heaven.  I could not do this without Him, nor could any other 18-25 year old young man, or any other human for that matter.  This is a divine work, inviting God's children to come unto Christ and helping them receive the witness of the Holy Ghost that the gospel has been restored.  I know that these things are true.  I witness them before you with all the energy of my soul.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Elder Facer

18 Comments:

At July 7, 2019 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Quickbooks support said...


Thanks a lot for sharing the content. Really a nice blog and great kind of information is provided by you. We provide quickbooks support phone number 18009864607.

 
At July 15, 2019 at 5:23 AM , Blogger Quickbooks support said...

Quickbooks Mac is designed specifically for users of Mac Operating system. Taking into consideration that there is a large group of spectators, QuickBooks has planned to bring QuickBooks Mac for Mac clients. For support services, you can get help from Quickbooks for Mac Support Phone Number +1-800-901-6679.

 
At July 18, 2019 at 4:02 AM , Blogger Quickbooks support said...


We are a Quickbooks Support company. We always Provides Slution for any error. The quickbooks error 6123 can be easily solved if you call us on +18009016679.

 
At July 18, 2019 at 11:29 PM , Blogger QuickBooks Payroll Support said...

Nice Blog It’s a really informative for all. We are providing technical support in Quickbooks for MAC support phone number it is Specifially designed for MAC operating system .Please call us our Toll-free Number + 1-800-986-4607.

 
At August 1, 2019 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Quickbooks support said...

Quickbooks is designed specifically for users of any Operating system. Taking into consideration that there is a large group of spectators, QuickBooks has planned to bring QuickBooks clients. For support services, you can get help from Quickbooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-800-986-4591.

 
At August 8, 2019 at 1:20 AM , Blogger QuickBooks Payroll Support said...

Nice Blog Our support team at QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number 1-800-986-4591 resolve your all issue in Quickbooks like installation & upgrading. We are providing 24*7 technical support so if you need any query.

 
At August 8, 2019 at 1:57 AM , Blogger QuickBooks Payroll Support said...

Nice Blog Our support team at QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-800-986-4591 resolve your all issue in Quickbooks like installation & upgrading. We are providing 24*7 technical support so if you need any query.

 
At August 10, 2019 at 2:28 AM , Blogger Quickbooks support said...

You can dial Quickbooks Tech Support Phone number for instant help. In quickbooks accounting software if you face any type of issue in this. Our Highly skilled Technicians are there for you, to resolve your queries, just dial 1-800-986-4591.

 
At August 23, 2019 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Quickbooks support said...

http://www.portaldeabogados.com.ar/foros/viewtopic.php?t=253518
https://www.mondo3.com/forum/members/quickbooks47.html
https://www.postallads4free.com/financial_services-ad682261.html
https://www.apneecommunity.com/classifieds/quickbooks-support-phone-number/
https://www.sagarclassified.com/ad/quickbooks-support-phone-number/
https://www.zumvu.com/quickbooks47/
https://technology.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/2500046/
https://www.localbusinesslisting.org/quickbooks-support-phone-number-8
https://p-tweets.com/quickbooks47
http://www.fixya.com/support/t27123050-create_nsfas_account

 
At September 2, 2019 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Nex Accounting said...

Facing any trouble while using Quickbooks? Contact Quickbooks Support Phone Number. As they provide immediate & effective solutions of the issues, you preoccupied with. Feel free to contact them, as they are available for you, round the clock. It doesn’t matter at what time, you come across the issue. Get in touch with them, by just dialing Quickbooks Support Phone Number 800-901-6679. Just Ask your queries & gain solutions.

 
At September 9, 2019 at 1:52 AM , Blogger Nex Accounting said...


https://nexaccounting.weebly.com/
https://www.fyple.com/company/quickbooks-support-phone-number-ys96gwc/
https://helpingdotnet.blogspot.com/feeds/3454155590478389003/comments/default
https://www.postallads4free.com/financial_services-ad691861.html

 
At September 12, 2019 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Quickbooks Expert said...

Nice Blog ! Quickbooks Proadvisor Support Phone Number 1-800-986-4607 is available to meet the needs of quickbooks customers. Users can avail a huge number of benefits on using services by the support team. Dial our toll-free number now 1-800-986-4607 to meet your accounting needs at one place.

 
At September 16, 2019 at 1:59 AM , Blogger Nex Accounting said...


Facing error issue while tracking inventory? Get support from Quickbooks for Mac Support Phone Number +1-800-901-6679. By dialling to us, on our support Phone number you would get valuable aid to fix error issues in Quickbooks Mac. Our certified technicians are deployed for you, to offer reliable assistance. So, if having issues, make a call to us now. The support team deliver support anytime whenever come across trouble

 
At October 11, 2019 at 2:23 AM , Blogger Quickbooks Expert said...

Are you in a Hurry? and looking for your problem fixer. Pick your phone and dial us at our Quickbooks for Mac Support Phone Number 800-986-4607. Our Experts will give you an instant solution, they are available 24*7. We handle all sort of quickbooks related issues and delivers the finest solutions.

 
At January 20, 2020 at 3:00 AM , Blogger errorfixer said...

Very nice and informative blog click here for
QuickBooks Customer Service phone number and for more detail dial on our toll free phone number 844-908-0801

 
At February 6, 2020 at 8:39 PM , Blogger errorfixer said...

Very well explained blog click here for
QuickBooks Payroll support phone number 844-908-0801 to get the solution of all QuickBooks issues and error

 
At February 20, 2020 at 9:59 PM , Blogger errorfixer said...

Very well explained and knowledgeable blog click here for QuickBooks phone number and for more dial on our support phone number 844-908-0801

 
At July 13, 2020 at 2:10 AM , Blogger thomas said...

Lockdown is running in the whole country due to coronavirus, in such an environment we are committed to provide the best solutions for QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
Contact QuickBooks helpline Number to get in touch.
Dial : 1-844-908-0801

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home