Monday, April 29, 2013

D&C 88:73


                       Reyes Baeza family baptism
I'm running out of movie parody pictures

                       Happy day, all is well
Well this week we had a special stake conference for the division of the stake.  Elder De Hoyos was there as well as a new area seventy, but I didn't catch his name.  The meeting was pretty good, but Elder De Hoyos' talk was just all over the place.  It was fun that afterwards I had several people from Valle Dorado come up and say hi to me including Teresa, whom E. Turek and I baptized.  While I was there she thanked us, but just kind of casually.  Sunday, she made a big deal of how grateful she was that we helped her and made sure I had at least two of her business cards in case one gets lost so I can contact her later.  It was cool that it really did mean to her what I hoped it would.  There was also a member from Teoloyucan who moved to Atizapan (in the stake) who made a big deal out of coming to see me as well.  She was a recent convert, so we visited her somewhat frequently, but she made a big deal that she learned a lot from me and was really grateful for having known me and also gave me her phone number so I could keep her updated and come visit when I'm in Mexico again.  It was just fun to see what kind of influence I've had in several places and that I've been able to help at least a few of God's children. 

It sounds like everyone's had a pretty good week.  It's strange to me that Brig'll be gone when I'm back.  I always had the idea that he'd be there where I get home, but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.  What's a couple of months more next to 3 and a half years anyway?  I sure love all the emphasis on missionary work that's going on.  I have several moments each week where I just realize how much I love what I'm doing and ask Heavenly Father to let me do it in some form for the rest of my life.  It's fun to hear about the differences in Alex and Avery.  Even having been born so close, they're just such different babies.  We're all different, but it's because that's how our spirit was before this life.  I know that God places us in the family where we are for a reason.  He knows us so perfectly. 

Tomorrow we're going to the temple as a district, so I'm way excited for that.  I've learned a lot about the temple and its ordinances from study, and I've been wanting to go for a long time to review the ordinances and learn again.  I knew it was important and special before, but I've come to understand so much more how much it really means to have temples on earth.  It's just an incomparable blessing.  More so because we have the keys of the priesthood needed to administer those ordinances in this church.  I sure love the gospel. 

I heard Trent and Sally got married this week.  Congratulations to the both of you.  If I'm totally honest, I saw it coming over two years ago.  Either way, I'm really happy for both of you and look forward to seeing you guys again in a couple of months. 

I know that God is our Father.  He loves us in a way that only a Divine Father can, and I have felt that so many times.  I know that His plan is perfect.  We have to live it if we want to be happy.  I know that our trials are for perfecting us and making us more like Him.  I love the example of Job, who knew that his trials would make him "as gold".  I know that as we endure well our trials, relying wholly upon the merits of Him who is mighty to save, we will become like our Father.  I know that this only happens through Jesus Christ.  His Atonement will save all mankind that will accept it.  His love is also perfect, and I know that He will sustain us even in our darkest moments if we turn to Him.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is a witness of Jesus Christ.  I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and that the true Church of Jesus Christ was restored through Him. 

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home