Monday, April 15, 2013

2 Ne. 31:10-12

This week brought very good news in the form of the whole Reyes Baeza family getting baptized. Baptisms are great, but there's just something even better when it's a whole family. Knowing that they're  now on the same path towards exaltation is just really special. That was the biggest news of this week, so I'll expound a little more. The parents asked me to baptize them, which was nice. They said they really like how "correct" I am and the sense of serenity they get from me. It was a really nice compliment, and also one that I've gotten just about everywhere I've gone. Diana (the mom) found out the day of her interview that her period came a week early, so was really nervous about being in the water. In the end, she asked that we close the font doors and just have us and the witnesses in there. It was a little strange, but all went well and there were no embarassing moments.

Today we went to Teotihuacan (for my second time), and it was pretty fun. This is probaby one of my favorite districts that I've been in, so we had a good time. The only problem was that Hna. Medina (who took my place in Valle Dorado) also happened to be on her period. Sweet. That meant me and E. Smith had to run down the pyramid of the sun and across the whole avenue of the dead to get to the only store in Teotihuacan to buy some feminine relief medicine and then run all the way back to the top of the pyramid. Luckily, everything turned out just fine, and we had a good day. I definitely got more red than I was yesterday. Our district leader, E. Gariety, is also super outgoing and crazy, so he got us into lots of fun situations and took fun pictures and all that jazz. Unfortunately, this computer is incapable of letting me send pictures, so those will have to come later.

I didn't think the family email was that short last week. I took the same amount of time as ever on it. It sounds like everyone at least made it out of school alive this semester, so that's all we can hope for. I can't believe I'm already registered as a student. That's just a weird thought. Even weirder that Lys reviewed my re-entrance stuff. I'm definitely almost finished. Mom, good work on being more social and missionary minded. I'm very proud of you. Dad, I don't know what yard work there will be when I'm home, but I'm strangely excited to help you out this year. I read a talk by Pres. Uchtdorf a while ago, and ever since then I've been excited about the idea of yard work and gardening.

Happy Birthday Canyon! I hope you have a very great day. It's not everyday you turn 6 years old, right? Don't you dare pass another birthday without me in the United States, ok?

I know that this is the only true and living church on the face of the world. I know that Jesus Christ Himself directs it, and that we have His priesthood authority to administer the ordinances of salvation. I know that as we live the covenants we make through those ordinances, we can receive the blessings of exaltation. I know that there is absolutely nothing worth trading those blessings for, no matter how enticing it may seem. I know that we are led by prophets and apostles who are special witnesses of Jesus Christ. I know that their words are His words. If we follow them, we will be greatly blessed. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. We are simply helpless and hopeless without Him. The more I learn about Him, the more I love Him, and the more I realize how much I need Him. I know that His love for us is perfect and infinite because He knows us perfectly and the divine potential in each of us. I know that turning our whole soul over to Him will not only bring us closer to Him and our Father, but it will also bring us real, lasting happiness and joy.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home