Monday, May 6, 2013

Psalms 27:4

Well we finally had someone in church this week.  His mom and sister are both members, but he and his brother and dad haven't wanted anything to do with the church.  The last couple of weeks his girlfriend broke up with him, he got really depressed, and his parents kicked him out of the house.  Needless to say, he had been humbled and prepared to receive the gospel.  His name is Erick (I don't know why they spell it that way in Spanish...).  He's quitting smoking and drinking, and he's just progressing really well right now, and it's fun to see.  We also have some good prospects for this week for new investigators that look really good.  Things are starting to turn up a little, so that's fun. 

We had an excellent temple trip on Tuesday.  It's been a year and a half since I've been, and there was so much that was so good to remember and learn.  I just have such a strong testimony and love of the temples, but I'll write about that in the Ward letter.   

It's starting to hit me how close it is to the end.  There's one week left for the last generation, then I'll be the missionary with the most time in Mexico out of everyone.  6 weeks more and I'm gone.  It's nuts.  At the same time, though, it feels right.  I feel like I've done what I needed to do up until now, and I've made incredible strides in myself as a person, so I'm satisfied thus far.  I need to just give my all these last 7 weeks and that'll be enough. 

Skype will be on Sunday at 5:30 your time.  Be there or be square.

 

Here's the Ward letter: 

Windsor 7th Ward, 

This week we had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Mexico City Temple.  It's been a long time since I've been to the temple, and it felt just so good to be back in that sacred place.  I came to understand several things more fully while I was in there including the following:

1.  The temple is literally the Lord's house.  It is one place on earth where the resurrected Savior can appear unto all of His faithful saints.

2.  The temple is a place of instruction and revelation.  As I sat in the Celestial room, I prayed for several personal matters for which I wanted further guidance.  The Spirit flowing in that room was so thick that I could feel it.  The Lord answered my prayers and enlightened my mind, bringing a profound peace.

3.  The temple is a refuge from the world.  Missionary work isn't easy.  I'm quite constantly extremely tired or busy.  Entering the temple, I felt all the weight of my calling fall off my shoulders as the Lord carried them for me for the hour and a half we were in there.  I wish I could explain to you the sweet feelings of peace and relief that came with that.

I know that the same blessings and more are available to all of you.  Most of you may not really understand the blessing of having 2 temples within 15 minutes of your house.  If you want to live up to your full privileges and blessings as a member of the only true church on the earth, be worthy of a temple recommend and go often to the temple.  I testify that there is no holier place on the face of the earth than in the temple.  I know that your lives will drastically improve as you make regular temple attendance a priority instead of a commodity.  I love the temple, the convenants we make there, and the Spirit that abides there. 

Elder Facer

I know this work is the work of God.  I know that He has prepared me and strengthened me to be able to do it.  I simply can't without Him.  I know that He sends the weak and simple to do this work so His mighty hand is manifest to all the world.  I testify that God is our Father, and Jesus Christ is His Only Begotten Son.  He is our Savior and Redeemer.  I know that His Atonement covers all pain, injustice, and sin that will ever befall us.  I know that we unlock the blessings of the Atonement through repentance and the ordinances and covenants of salvation.  There is no other way.  Nor is there another way to salvation and having an eternal family.  I know that the family is central to God's plan, and we are so blessed to be in a family that has the gospel.  I don't think I can think of a greater blessing in my life besides the Atonement.  I'm so grateful for your love and prayers.  I need them, and I feel them.  I love you all, and look forward to seeing you son.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home