Monday, June 3, 2013

3 weeks

This was a bit of a disappointing week for the whole district.  We were going to have five baptisms, but only two of them really happened.  Really everything was just difficult for all of us this week, so I'm trying to be strong and uplift the elders and sisters.  It has, thankfully, been a good opportuinty to receive some revelation for my missionaries and I think I have a good game plan for the district meeting to help them out and keep them motivated.  I guess I shouldn't expect the end of my mission to be easy, but it would be nice to end on a high note on more than just an internal level.  We'll keep working and doing all that is within our power and then stand still and see the hand of the Lord revealed (D&C 123:17). 

Aside from that, we had mostly just a normal week.  I'm trying hard to meet my goal of finishing the standard works one last time before I go home, and I think if I make a solid effort, I'll make it.  Right now I'm in Jeremiah, but the other books of scripture are much easier to read and don't take as long, so I think I can do it.  I've been working out a lot more vigorously in the mornings, too, so I should come home at least a little more ripped than when I left.  In Mexico, a nickname for someone who is really cut is a "mamey".  Fun fact for the week.  You can also say that they're "ponchado".  I don't think there was really anything that exciting this week other than that, though. 

Here's the late ward letter: 

Windsor 7th Ward, 

I've always been moved by the end of long sagas or other such stories.  When I get involved in the lives of the characters, their struggles and successes, it's difficult for me when everything ends and "normal" life resumes.  I feel like I'm in that boat right now, but thankfully I have a special perspective that lets me see beyond "the end" and "the beginning". 

The gospel of Jesus Christ provides us with an eternal view of God's plan for us and a sure knowledge that the end of this life isn't the end for us.  While the world fears death and what may or may not come afterwards, we understand that our spirits are eternal, that we lived with God before this life, and we can live with Him after this life if we are faithful.  I've come to understand and love the plan of our Father in Heaven and especially the role that His Son, Jesus Christ, plays in that plan.  Because we have the gospel, we know that we will live again after we die.  We will have the chance to be with our families eternally through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  We can become even as God is if we will simply live the gospel in this life and do all that He asks of us.  I know that these things are true.

Many a time I have wondered, as Job, "if a man die, shall he live again?"  The Spirit of God has led me to the resounding conclusion that we will all live again.  We will all one day stand before the bar of God.  If we have been faithful and if we have truly loved Him, we will be "encircled in the arms of His love", and never have to leave them. 

To those of you who are struggling, who have lost loved ones, or suffered other difficult losses, I testify that the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes right anything unfair in this life.  Perhaps the blessings won't come in this life, but the Lord never breaks His promises to the faithful.  I know that Heavenly Father is aware of you and loves you.  He will absolutely not allow you to suffer anymore than is absolutely necessary.  As we stay faithful through our trials, having an eternal perspective and understanding of God's plan, we will "overcome... even as [Christ] overcame", and will be brought to sit on the Father's throne with Him for all eternity. 

I love you all, and look forward to seeing you all and being able to speak to you. 

Elder Facer 

I know that this is the Lord's work.  It's not for nothing that He sends the "weak and simple" to do it.  It is just another demonstration of His majesty and power that any 21 year old kid like me could do what He has called me to do.  I'm absolutely sure that Heavenly Father knows us perfectly.  I don't understand a lot of things, especially the trials He has asked me to pass through, but I know that all things are part of His plan.  Everything will work together for our good if we will just endure it well and trust in God.  I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement.  I feel God's love as I apply it in my life, and I know that we can all be cleansed and comforted through that wondrous sacrifice.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and will help us come closer to God if we will read it and apply its teachings, especially regarding the Atonement.  I know that families are central to God's plan, and that He has provided the way today for families to be sealed together eternally.  I love you all so much, and am so grateful that I'll have the chance to be with you again soon.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home