Monday, April 8, 2013

Last Conference In Mexico

I sure love conference. More so when I get to see a certain special girl singing in the choir. I had gotten her letter this week telling me she'd be singing in the Saturday afternoon session, so I paid careful attention to the musical numbers in that session. Really I was focused the whole time, but that was just really great to see her.
 
Conference was excellent. I think it's absolutely inspired of God to give us the opportunity to meet throughout the world twice a year to listen to the messages that He prepares for us through His chosen servants. I don't think I had any one talk that really stuck out, but there was just a strong Spirit the whole time, and I came away very uplifted. It's hard to believe that this is my last conference, but I think it'll be a welcome change to be home for the next one. I love what I'm doing, and I know I'm where I need to be right now, but I also understand why we only serve two years. We ate Mcmuffins at Mcdonalds on Friday and it reminded me how much better they are at home.
This week we'll be having three baptisms: a family of five, three of whom are of baptismal age. Their names are Efren, Diana, and Melany (two younger daughters are Melissa and Polette). They've given up both tobacco and cocaine in the last month, so I got here just in time to do the final steps and help them receive the ordinances of salvation. It's always fun to get to an area at a time like this.
Seeing Salt Lake has never made me homesick. We didn't go to Salt Lake enough for it to really mean anything to me. I probably went there more as a missionary than as a normal person in my week and a half in SLC. Tara, that's great that you got to go to so many temples. I'll be happy to join you in future temple ventures when I'm back. I'm planning on going as often as possible (daily), so I'm sure we can coordinate both of our college schedules. That's great that our babies are all blessed now. Mom, you should work on your Spanish so you can join the fun.
Just so everyone knows, we got news this week that we now have 1.5 hours to write and we can write whoever we want, so anyone who wants me to write them will need to send me an email so I can write back.
I know that this is the only true church. I know with all of my heart that we are guided by living prophets and apostles. As I heard the words and music, the Spirit confirmed to my heart that everything said was true. I know that if we will go and apply the counsel we have received, then we will be greatly blessed. I noticed a strong emphasis (aside from missionary work) on going back to the basics, especially obedience. The simple, basic truths of the gospel are really the foundation for a happy life. I know that as we live every principle, ordinance, and covenant of the gospel, God will fill our lives with peace and everlasting joy even despite our trials. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that only through His perfect Atonement can we be together as families for all eternity. I'm so grateful for these divine truths, and I know that God will give us the promised blessings as we live for them.
Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home