Monday, December 3, 2012

Moving


Well things are still going a little rough here in all aspects.  The good news is I gave a really good testimony in church yesterday.  However, my companion is now waiting on the decision from President if he stays or goes, but he wants to go.  Really, I feel like I've done all that I can.  At least once a week we take almost half of the day talking, trying to work through things so we can try to function as a real companionship instead of wasting time, not being effective, and not making improvement.  I've made a very concerted effort to follow the Spirit in this, and I've never done it just to correct him (even though President told me I should if I ever need to), but I can't make him change.  Every time after we finish and we go out, I make sure that I did things as the Lord would have me do it, and I always have felt His approval.  I guess if he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't have to be, and really shouldn't be, but I'm still going to do all that I can as long as he's here.  Unfortunately, that means the work still can't progress.  One lesson I've learned for certain is that real success will never occur without a successful companionship.  I baptized 3 people with Elder Sotelo, but I didn't feel even a little bit successful.
Today we moved houses to Teoloyucan (we've been in the process since I got here), so it'll be nice to have a change of scene, a nicer house, and not be so dang far away from everything.  We're basically right in "downtown" Teolo, so transportation, food, and members are all close by.  Happy day, all is well.
I was wondering why I didn't see Sister Gerdy in the Christmas devotional.  It was really good, though.  I think I'm getting an even deeper testimony of music, and I sure love that.  That's awesome that Mike is doing so much better.  I wish I would've been a better friend to him from the start.  We had some common interests, and I maybe could've helped him out, but I'm really happy for him.  I'm glad things went well with your "preemie" missionary visit (that just sounds like they aren't quite going to make it to full-term...).  It sounds like it was well planned by the leaders, and even by the boys (14 year olds probably couldn't cut it as full-time missionaries, though).  Alyssa Shirley also thinks I'm quite eloquent, but I don't really see it.  I'm glad that letter will get some circulation, though.  Like I said, I felt quite inspired writing it.  I'd be fine being the music and the spoken word guy, but I'd rather be the tabernacle organist.  I can't tell you how much I miss playing a real organ, and I had a very strong prompting last week that I need to keep learning and practicing the organ.  I liked Tara's "regular" story with the temple.  I plan on being a regular as soon as I'm back.  Maybe they could come to know us as the famous brother-sister pair that does baptisms every Friday morning.  That's good that Brig is finally getting his cast off.  I showed the pictures you sent to some members, and a couple of girls immediately fell in love with Brig and think he looks like some famous actor whose name they don't remember.  I told them good luck.
Jose and family have been MIA lately.  They had a daughter in the hospital and getting married at the same time, and we haven't been able to find them.  Chava is doing ok.  He's quit drinking for the last week, but doesn't want anything to do with the church.  Right now, our only two real investigators are both member's husbands.  Genaro has all the lessons and is working to quit smoking, but yesterday his wife told me that he's pretty discouraged.  He's got a date for the 16, so we're hoping everything goes well with him.  Jorge is living with a less-active member who just had a baby.  He's had all the lessons before, but they never had money to get married and wouldn't accept help.  They're finally planning their wedding for sometime soon (they still don't know exactly when), and he said he wants to be baptized after getting married.  That was definitely heaven sent.
I think that's about it for this week.  Hopefully we have better news next week.  Also, I got a letter from Alyssa from 10/30, but it took forever to get here, like double the normal time.  We should be getting letters this Wednesday (but for me Tuesday because I have to go to the offices then to DF to sign my visa), so I'm hoping for maybe 2 more.  Also, Christmas Skype will be in the afternoon.  The family that's going to let me use their computer plays sports all day Christmas, so they said around 6 or 7 Mexico time.  I'll keep you posted.
I know that this is the Lord's work.  He takes part in it and prepares the way for us to do what He needs us to do in it.  I know that we have all been given very special, specific gifts and talents to help in the Lord's work here on earth.  I know that we can all participate, and He will help us be successful.  I know that President Monson is a true prophet of God today.  Joseph Smith restored the true church and the gospel of Jesus Christ.  The Book of Mormon is absolutely true.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  As we strive to follow His example, we become more like Him, and better prepared to return to live with Him.  I know that His Atonement is real, and that only as we use it can we be cleansed from our sins.  That is the central truth of the gospel, and we must take full advantage of it every single day.  I know that repentance brings us great joy, and can make us so much better than we could be without it.  It is a gift for all.  I know that Heavenly Father loves us.  We are His spirit children, and He knows us all perfectly.  I know that He hears and answers our prayers, and that His plan for our salvation is perfect.  I love this gospel, and I know with all of my being that it is true.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home