Monday, November 12, 2012

Regional Conerence

Well this week we overcame one difficulty only to run into another one that I once knew long ago.  We finally found some people this week, almost all of which accepted baptismal dates, but then nobody came to church.  Excellent.  It's ok, though.  They're more likely to come this week now that we'll be back in the normal place and time as opposed to 40 minutes away.  This week we had regional conference, and it was really good.  We heard from Elder Lynn G. Robbins, Sister Carole A. Stevens, Elder Don R. Clarke, and Elder Scott.  There was quite the variety of themes, but it was still really good.  Elder Scott came and said that he didn't have a written message because he wanted to talk "heart-to-heart", then talked about how much he loves that he was able to learn Spanish.  Saying a thankful prayer this week, I had thought of that, too, and it's really such a blessing to have learned Spanish.  Then he went on to talk about marriage and the sealing ordinance.  I love when he talks about that because you can really feel how strong his testimony is of that having lost his wife 18 years ago.  Anyway, it was a really good conference, and I came away from it quite happy.
It's weird to remember that snow exists.  It hailed once when I was in Tequis, but that's the closest thing to snow that's existed in this part of Mexico for some 30 years.  I didn't hear anything about that earthquake, and we didn't feel it, either.  That's good that Dad's been able to work, but I sure hope something more stable comes along.  I had to focus a lot while I was playing in the pictures you got because we were singing "Have I Done any Good", and I don't think I've played that one for reals in several years.  Lys commented that my suit looked a little big.  I may have just been slouching or sitting awkwardly, but it still fits fine.  I've put on weight (pure muscle) and gotten skinnier, but the suit still fits fine.  It sounds like all the missionaries are doing great.  It's weird to think that two of my friends (Trent and Jeff) will be home in January as well.  That's awesome that the church is using people from our ward in a movie.  I'll have to check that out sometime.  We always used to say that Bro. Jordan looked Islamic when he would grow his beard out and we were just foolish deacons.  I did hear about Obama, but right now it really doesn't mean much to me.  I wasn't interested enough in politics before leaving to know what he did, and I missed the second half of his term.  Elder Lewis and I should be flying back the same day as far as I'm aware.  That's fun that you got to go to Canyon's primary program.  The ward primary sent me an email saying they had theirs this week, too. Ours is this Sunday.  I remember being quite impressed with Brigham's Spanish when we spoke on Mother's Day before I left.  Either I didn't know any better or he's lost some of it, but I'm surprised he's struggled in 321. 
Well that paragraph was far too long.  Good news this week: I got two letters from Alyssa (10/15 and 10/22).  Unfortunately, I think everyone else has stopped writing me.  I haven't heard from any aunts in months, and really it was only them and Alyssa that write me.  I'm sure it's fine.  Thanks for sending the package.  It'll probably get here way too early and I may have it when we have interviews on the 21 of November, but that's just fine with me.
I know I don't say this enough, but thanks for sending details about everyone.  Time is going by so quickly that it's easy to lose track of people and events and big happenings and the like.  I love hearing about the grandkids and their crazy antics.  As much as I'd love to hear more from more people, thanks very much for what you do send.
I know this church is true.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and that through him, the priesthood and all its keys were restored to the earth, allowing us to enjoy a fulness of blessings and happiness in the life to come.  I know that family's are central to God's plan for our happiness.  I know that family's can be eternal through the keys restored through Joseph Smith.  I know that Pres. Monson has all of those keys and exercises them.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  His Atonement is infinite in depth and coverage, allowing everyone to find relief from anything.  I know that we can find comfort and peace by following His example.  Though the road to discipleship isn't an easy one, I know that Christ has walked every step of the way and will lead us along.  I know that when we face challenges, He is there for us, saying "Be of good cheer, it is I.  Be not afraid".  He will sustain us in all of our challenges if we will turn to Him and lay our burdens on Him.  I know this is true with all of my heart and soul.
Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home