Tuesday, October 30, 2012

D&C 18:10


Now That's a torta!

                                                     my baby coconut
Well I'm writing late this week because of a near crisis with my companion.  It turns out he came out with a lot of pre-mission baggage and has been talking with President Call for a while but still couldn't get over it and was on the verge on heading home multiple times.  I knew a little bit of what was going on, and did what I could to help, but obviously that wasn't much.  Anyway, today we wet to the offices and after several long interviews and phone calls with general authorities, all is well.  Elder Gaytan is staying (so far as I'm aware) and we can move on from all of that.  Thank goodness.  Anyway, this week was a little rough because he got discouraged a lot for the same that he was in that situation, but hopefully now things go smoother and we can have more success.  Knowing that he could possibly go home, I focused more of our lessons and study specifically on him instead of the investigators, and I feel like that made at least a little difference in him feeling better, so that was good.  I'm not just here to find and teach investigators.  The Lord uses me in whatever ways He sees fit, and I'm very ok with that.

We had zone conferences on Friday, and that brought with it some pretty big changes for missionary work in Mexico.  First off, we are no longer allowed to knock doors uness we have contacted that person, it is a referral, or a former investigator.  Second, we no longer contact unless directed to do so by the Spirit.  Third, with the new MTC shortened training period, I'll be returning home on my original return date, June 26, 2013.  In my mind, these are all good things, and I'm pretty excited.  Really what it means is that we need to start working how we should've been for a long long time.  The members are absolutely critical now, and the area presidency is doing special trainings with all the ward and stake leaders.  Our ward has shown a lot of apathy thus far to missionary work, but hopefully we can turn that around and make this a successful ward.  

Lys, I can sympathize with having a large jicama inside you.  I've eaten a large jicama by myself before, so that's a little similar, right?  I'm glad things are going well with you and your family, even if you are a little sensitive to children and families lately (secretly, I am, too).  I hope everything went well with Tara's ACT.  That sounds like fun with the all night tournament, too.  Brig, I hope you recover soon.  I couldn't imagine having one hand out of comission.  Remember that if the Lord will's it and if you have faith, your recovery can be faster.  I've heard a lot of stories of that from members, and the same thing happened with Tara.  God does have power on earth and in heaven.  I certainly don't feel like I know it all, so I don't think I'll become that type of 16 month missionary.  I continue to learn so much every day, but that just makes me realize how much I really don't know.  That's great that PJ got his eagle.  I've come to realize that scouting had a much bigger influence on me than I realized before, and I'm so grateful I could do it.  Good work PJ, I'm proud of you.  

Mom, I gave Elder Lewis your phone number (assuming it hasn't changed at work) so his parents can talk to you about transferring from USU.  I also needed to ask about details for international admissions.  Where does one go to find such information?  Lastly, I would be very grateful if you could send me a 4-generation chart for me, or at least the needed information so I can fill one out.  I've been meditating a lot one D&C 128, family history, and temples, and I need to find a way to be involved in that, even while I'm out here.  My mind has been opened up so much to that subject, and I'm super excited to be able to come home and do more of that.

Dear Windsor 7th ward:
These last few weeks, I've been pondering on the sealing power and the work done in the temples.  The Spirit has borne witness to me of the importance of this work, and of the part it plays in our Heavenly Father's plan.  Our kindred dead are in spirit prison waiting for us to act so that they, too, may enjoy a fulness of the blessings of the gospel.  The responsibility we have to find them is not one to be taken lightly.  We must be anxiously engaged in this work of family history and vicarious ordinance work.  I would encourage you to read and meditate on D&C 128:1-18.  I know that the temple is the House of the Lord, and that His Spirit resides within its holy walls.  I know that God's plan provides for the salvation of all of His children, but we have to do our part.  As we do so, we become Saviors on Mount Zion (Obadiah 1:16... I think), and participate in God's work and glory.  The greatest blessings of the gospel only come to us as we lose our lives in service to others, living and dead.  I know that doing so will bring us closer to, and make us more like the Savior, Jesus Christ.  Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Elder Facer

I know that this is God's work and that He directs it personally.  This is the work of salvation, and we can only do it with His help.  I know that all of us can participate in it, and have to if we are to obtain Eternal Life.  I know that Heavenly Father loves us.  His love surpasses all understanding.  I know that we can overcome our weaknesses and fears as we trust in God and live in accordance with His gospel.  No trial is too great for us if we will just trust in Him.  Quite the contrary, He promises us that they will all be for our good.  I know this is true.  I know that as we wait upon the Lord, he will carry our burdens and carry us on eagle's wings.  His angels are round about us always.  We never need to fear.  I know that God knows us and is very aware of our needs.  He places us where we are to be instruments in His hands to save the souls of His children.  I know that we were prepared from before the foundation of this world to come forth in this last dispensation.  We were taught and prepared, and fulfilling what the Lord wants us to do will bring us true happiness in this life and eternally.  I know that the work of the temples is the very same work of salvation.  I know that the powers to seal on earth and in heaven were restored by the prophet Elijah and given to Joseph Smith.  They exist today, and President Monson holds those keys.  I know that our family can be eternal through the great and eternal plan of God.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home