Monday, October 8, 2012

The Conference Just for Me

Wow.  I don't know that I've ever felt the Spirit so much and received so much revelation in one weekend. I don't think there was a single moment where I wasn't on the edge of bawling or in the midst of it (I've become quite soft out here...), but it was just so great.  When President Monson made that announcement, I thought of Tara, and just knew she'd be wanting to go.  I'm so glad that she feels the desire and is thinking about it now.  This was a really excellent opportunity for me to think about how far I've come in these last 15 1/2 months and how much I still lack.  I loved the focus on discipleship because I've been focusing on that myself for a long time, and everything was just so good.  I'm still just freaking out about it.  Lys told me how Mom was just giddy over the announcement, and I feel the same, but about everything.  I really loved Sister Dibb's talk and her t-shirt slogan "I'm a Mormon.  I know it, I live it, I love it".  I think that's about how I feel about the gospel.  I just love it so much and I can't get enough of it.  Carol also came and really enjoyed conference, and so everything's looking good for her baptism this Sunday.

I had been praying already for opportunities to serve, but I realized I need to recognize the opportunities that come.  God always prepares opportunities for us to serve, to share the gospel, etc., but we have to be constantly looking for them and then act when they come.  Like Sister Burton said, we have to "observe and serve".  Since about March, I've wanted to be able to live a life like President Monson in serving and answering so many people's prayers, and I feel like this is a key part in being able to do that.  Also, Priesthood Session was the best.  All three of the first presidency's talks were just so powerful.  The cool part was that we got to see that in English at the stake center.  That just made it even more so being able to hear their real voices with their real intonation and such.  It makes a big difference.  Also, Elder Holland's talk is like one that we have on DVD that I've mentioned a few times before that I wanted to show you when I get home.  He tells the same story, but it's a little different, but super good.

Well I just feel like there wasn't much else going on this week besides conference.  Thanks for stories of grandkids and future grandkids, I always enjoy those.  Probably I imagine them a lot funnier than they really were, but I still really enjoy them.  Thanks for the update on Alyssa as well.  At our zone meeting on Wednesday, I didn't get a single letter, so the only options were that they got lost (unlikely), that she isn't writing (unthinkable), or that they just forgot to put it in the Cuautitlán mailbox and it went to Querétaro (bearable but undesirable).  That's fun that she'll be in Mexico for Christmas, and even better that she'll be back Christmas day.  It's weird, though, because she wrote me a while ago saying basically it's a Christmas Skype, a semester, and then I'm done, and it's true.  

I know that this is the only true church of the Lord Jesus Christ on the earth today.  I know that it was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith.  The Priesthood power is on the earth once more, and God continues to labor among His children through His Priesthood holders.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and gave a perfect sacrifice for all.  I know that just as He gave His life for us, He wants us to give our lives for His cause, dedicating all of our heart, might, mind, and strength to the building up of His kingdom.  I know that nothing will bring us greater joy than the Gospel.  Nothing can fill us with the Holy Ghost, nothing can guide us to our Heavenly Home except the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know that there is no sacrifice too big to make for this cause.  God will always bless us infinitely more than what we give up.  He is our Father.  He loves us.  I know that His plan is absolutely perfect, and brings us the greatest joy we will ever experience in the eternities, but we must follow Him.  I know that Christ's commandment to "Feed My Sheep" is in full force today and that we are all participants in this great work.  We cannot pretend to have taken upon us the name of Christ at baptism, calling ourselves "Christians" unless we are willing to live up to the title of the very Son of God.  We must follow His example.  We must live His Gospel.  I know that doing so will bring us and our family the blessings of eternal life as an eternal family.  It is nothing extraordinary, it is doing exactly what God expects of us.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home