Monday, July 9, 2012

Success!

the real highlight of the week

this was my first failed attempt... I'm ashamed (and I got elf'd, apparently)

just putting those Skittles to good use

We had a pretty good week this week. Luis, Norma, Emmanuel, and Mariana all got baptized and have set a goal to go to the temple in a year. That was just such a cool experience to bring together the whole family like that. It's a lot different than just individuals or even Aurelio and Veronica where it was just the parents. This is a whole family (minus the 4 year old daughter, but she'll have her time). This is fulfilling God's plan, and it feels great. We also had some new investigators come to church. There's a recent convert mom, and only she and a daughter were baptized, and she just talked to us one night in the street and said, "why don't you come visit me anymore?" Me, not knowing who she was, said, "well sure, where the heck do you live?" She gave us her address, and we show up and she tells us she has two sons that want to be baptized. "Do you think you could help prepare them for that?" Excellent. Unfortunately, only one of the sons, Jorge, actually came to church, but he's stoked for his baptism on the 22nd. He told us that He was listening to other churches, but just didn't like it and they couldn't answer his questions, so he just picked up his mom's Book of Mormon and Gospel Principles book and started reading and knew it was true. That was super cool to see how even a 16 year old lad in these days would have the desire and the initiative to find the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Hopefully his brother, Aldo, catches on soon, as well.

We basically ran out of rain this week, so we had a week-long rainy season for the time being. I'm not complaining, I love that it's 90-100 degrees every day. I'm definitely getting more tan, and have some pretty awesome missionary tan lines. Did Brig get any of those? Time is sure flying, though. We had zone conference this week, which was amazing. We atlked a little more about PMG ch. 1 and why we do the things that we do. It was just really good, and the Spirit was extremely strong. I got letters from Alyssa and Emily, so thanks to you two. I also got conference Liahona, which rocks because I've been dying waiting for that. I signed my visa renewal, so I'm legal until I'm done, and bought a set of Doctrine and Covenants DVDs that look pretty swell. I also got some super good bread for having had a birthday.

Mom, I'm glad you had a good week in Chicago. I'm jealous that you could've seen Buddy Guy, who really is extremely famous among jazzers like me. I think it would be really fun to go to places like that, even though I'm not a huge traveling fan (I just can't move enough air. Good one, right?). We're working a lot lately with the ward because we got a new ward mission leader a little bit before Elder Lewis left, and he's just super awesome. He's working a lot and setting a great example for the ward. He's also super rich, so he supplies any resources we need in the way of rides or for activites etc. The bishop is good as well, but we don't see him very much because he apparently works a whole lot. We didn't do much for the 4th, but we did remember that it was a holiday or something. Grandma and Grandpa, thank you so much for helping me out for the next couple of months. Thanks to everyone who is contributing to my mission, whether financially or even just morally. I really appreciate your support, and I can feel your prayers in my behalf. It sounds like Canyon and Savanna are growing up a whole lot. They're just going to be so different by the time I get home, but at least there'll be a couple of other little rascals running (more likely crawling if they're lucky) around. I didn't know there was a woman's voice on the Iphones. I'm not exactly super updated on technology over here. I'm glad I could still be the source of a "chuckle", though. I'm sure it was a little heartier than that, but it's all good. Tara, Happy Birthday tomorrow! You're just going to be a big old 17 year old. Really turning 17 doesn't mean a whole lot to be honest, but I still hope you have a fun birthday. It sounds like you'll be having a fun and very busy summer, as well. I had already told you that Elder Peña is going home normally, mom.

Thanks to everyone for emails this week. This was the most I'd gotten in a while, but Lys, you maybe sent me a virus...

I know that this is the Lord's work. His hand is made visible every day in the work we do, and I know He sustains and supports us in our righteous labors. He truly is our loving Father in Heaven, and following His commandments brings forth the blessings of heaven. Only through our righteousness do we become worthy of the blessings that He so desires to give us. I know that Heavenly Father knows us all perfectly, and is always willing to help us in any struggle, trial, or difficulty. I know that The Atonement is real. Christ suffered and paid the price for all of our sins, and gave us all the opportunity to be saved in the kingdome of God. As we repent and strive to live the Gospel, we are refined and cleansed from our sins and imperfections. Through this great and last sacrifice, all the cares and pains of this world can be overcome. He descended below all things. There is nothing that He didn't experience for us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and contains the fulness of the everlasting Gospel. It is an evidence of God's love for all of His children, past, present, and future. As we live this Gospel, our lives will be enriched and infinitely blessed until we measure up to the fulness of the stature of Christ. Our families can be eternal through obedience to this Gospel plan.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home