Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Big Change


Picture 1:who can guess the fruit?




Picture 2:the baptism bucket brigade


This was a bit of a crazy week for us. Missionary work was exceptionally slow, but we had some pretty big events. On Friday, the sister missionaries had a baptism (we're in the same ward) and needed help getting everything ready and just having priesthood there, so we helped out. Whoever filled up the font on Sunday filled up the outside reserve (where the font drains) then the font, so there was nowhere for the water to drain. That means that we had to empty the font with buckets into the bathroom. Sweet. We got wet and tired, but everything turned out ok, and the baptism went well. Before that, on Thursday, we were informed that the sisters are being taken out of the ward and that we are absorbing their area as well. That means we get to stress about learning a huge part of the ward with no help, changing houses after finding another one in the other side of the ward, and then working an enormous area. To make things better, Elder Lewis got transferred. The good news in all of this is that my new companion, Elder Peña, had been in Jurica before when it was only one area, so he actually knew the other side. Talk about a miracle. That was the extent of the crazy, but I tell you, I was sure stressed out when I thought I would have to do it all on my own.



Elder Peña is in his last transfer right now. He's from Cedar City, but his aunt and uncle live in Orem, probably in our stake. Their last name is Mann, and he said they live above Timpanogos. Anyway, he seems super good. He came from being a zone leader, and everyone just says he's super solid, so I'm pretty happy about that. He was Elder Stepp's companion in the MTC, and I heard a lot about him from Elder Stepp, so I feel like I know him a little already.



Mostly Elder Lewis and I just sang for the members after food, or after a lesson if we felt good about it. Other than that, there wasn't much opportunity for using his singing talent. I really don't have much musical opportunities in this ward, though. But now he's gone, so nothing will come of that. Mom, I'm glad you're feeling better. You better be after a week of sleeping. That's what I'll need when I get home. I didn't know Grandpa Facer was already that old. It sounds like a good party, though, and I can't say I'm surprised that Canyon is just a little social butterfly. He's always seemed like that to me. I hadn't heard that the Chynoweths are going to serve a mission. That's really cool, though. I can't say I'm surprised that Peru and Mexico are similar as countries, but from what I've seen of the Peruvian elders here, the people are actually pretty different. Maybe I've just seen all of the special cases, but those are my observations, nonetheless. The members are like that everywhere I've been here, as well. As hard as we trie to help them understand their responsibilities, they just don't, even more so here where there's a whole lot more wealth. This is probably one of the richest areas in the mission. So who's this Brenda friend of Brigham's? Is she someone from his mission or a friend that just happened to be in Mexico for the layover? What Ipod does Brigham have? I don't remember him with a touch before the mission. That's hilarious about Andrew's "Angry Birds" dance, though. I'm probably imagining it a lot different than it actually is, but it's still hilarious in my head.



Well that's about all for now. Hopefully we'll have some awesome news next week with finding 78 families of elect people that'll all be baptized in three weeks. That's the plan, anyway.



I know that Heavenly Father loves us. He knows us: our needs, challenges, frailties, strengths, desires, everything. He hears and answers prayers. He will give us strength to overcome our trials and temptations as long as we deserve it and ask for it. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He suffered and died for our sins to make our salvation possible. Without Him, we could never have an eternal family. I know that President Monson is a living prophet. He guides us according the the will of God, and will lead us on our path to eternal life. I know that the scriptures are true, and that they will also guide us as we heed their counsel. "The words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do". I know that only through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ can we find lasting joy and peace in this life. Without it, we are entirely lost, and subject to all the weaknesses of our carnal selves. With it, our weaknesses can be overcome, we can be clean, and we can prepare ourselves to become like our Father in Heaven, having an eternal family.



Elder Facer




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home