Monday, May 21, 2012

Healthier Than A Horse





Happy Birthday to Elders Facer and Lewis





Well Alfredo came to church again this week, and so he's all set to be baptized next Sunday. Sweet. He just continues to be excellent and understand everything and wants to do what's right. He's just going to be a super great member and priesthood holder. Hopefully his family isn't too far behind. So far, we just get questions about anti-mormon things they've heard about, but it's a start, and Alfredo says his grankids love watching "The Restoration", which is awesome. In short, things are looking good for him and his family. Unfortunately, we didn't find hardly anyone this week. That's always rough, but we keep working and trying to find the elect that are waiting for this message.
So on Mondays we go to a brother's house in the ward and do laundry and all that jazz, and he's really into Herbalife (a health craze that's everywhere here in Mexico. I don't know that I saw it in the US). He has a really fancy scale that tells you all kinds of stats about yourself, and apparently I'm literally in perfect shape. Here are my stats:
Weight:147.4 lbs
BMI: 23.5 (perfectly normal)
Body fat %: 13.3 (perfectly normal)
Skeletal Muscle %: 45.4 (really high, meaning I have very little fat and a lot of muscle)
Resting Metabolism: 1657 (I'm still not sure what that means as far as how healthy I am)
Body age: 20 (Elder Lewis's is 34, and I guess most people are a lot higher than their real age)
Visceral fat: 5 (really low, meaning I have almost no fat in my gut region)
Not bad, right? I'm not sure how I managed to be an anomaly (the brother said I'm one of maybe 5 people out of hundreds that he's weighed that turned out perfect). I still just eat like I always have. Really the only thing that's changed is that I do my exercise in the mornings now. Anyway, that was the high point of today so far.
I finished Preach My Gospel again this week. I sure love all the different things I have to study. In the Book of Mormon, I'm in Alma 47, so we're just gearing up for some pretty serious battles this week, and in Spanish, I'm in Alma 48, so we get to find out how cool Moroni is. I'm trying to decide whether or not to start D&C or the New Testament now. Today I just read my patriarchal blessing and some conference talks, but one of those will begin this week.
I'm sorry to hear that Lys is still sick. I sure hope things start looking better before you go to Peru, because that would just be a bad combo. I hope Andrew gets better as well. Good thing Manuel's doing alright, though. Mom, that's fun that you had the missionary family get together. It sounds like everyone's doing well, so that's good. Also, that's cool that Jonathan could talk to his dad, too. I bet that was a really nice surprise (or not surprise, but just occurrence) for him. There's really just so much good going on in the world with missionaries that for anyone not to be good would be just a shame. I'm glad ward conference went well. I miss a good conference. Also, they told us that all four missionaries in the ward are going to speak next week, so I'll let you know how that goes.
We had interviews on Wednesday, and the package hadn't arrived. Really nobody's packages had arrived. I just got one letter from Alyssa (thanks!) and that's it. It was ok because I got mail last week, but I do wish the package would've gotten here on time. I guess I'll have to wait a while longer and have maybe slightly harder, but still excellent cookies.
Well I feel like I had more to say, but nothing's coming, so that'll be it I suppose. I know that this is the true and only Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that only through the ordinances, covenants, and principles of the gospel can we return to live with Heavenly Father. I know that as we do so, we will be blessed in this life and we will find true peace and comfort in all of our trials. I know that only through Christ is our salvation possible. Faith and repentance are real principles that we need to apply every day. As we do so, we will be open to the revelation that Heavenly Father wants to give us and we will find true joy in living the gospel. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. He will grant us according to our desires for exaltation and will grant us according to our faith in Him and His son. I know that the Atonement is a real power that can and does change our lives depending on how much we use it. I know that the more that we apply it in our lives, the closer we will be to our Father in Heaven, and the happier we will be in this life. "I have told you these things that ye may learn wisdom. I have told you these things that ye may learn of me that there is no way that man may be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, He is the light and the life of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness".
Elder Facer
(first one to guess the scripture that I memorized without using technology wins a prize!)
(I've been memorizing a scripture a week starting about 6 weeks ago as per Elder Scott's October 2011 conference talk)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home