Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Picture 1:the cake we made for Elder Lewis's/my combined birthday party (his was April 14)
Picture 2: coming soon. The cake with frosting and decorated and our party that we'll
undoubtedly have

What a week we had. Mexico essentially shuts down whenever there's a holiday and a few days before and after, and they have holidays almost every single day of the year. When they're bigger, then it's more apparent, though. Working wasn't super easy this week, but we still did, and we had Alfredo come to church. Like I told you yesterday, he's excellent. I don't doubt even a little that we'll have more good news to tell you about him in the next couple of weeks. Other than that, we didn't really have any good new investigators. Some decent ones that could turn out good, but didn't look super great right from the get go. The highlight of the week was certainly talking to you all yesterday, though. Pictures are nice, but I've always liked to see people in real life (even if it's through technology). It just makes for a much more meaningful interaction. It was great to see everyone and I'm so glad that you're all doing well.

We'll have interviews on Wednesday (9-7, that'll be a long day...). I really hope that your package got here miraculously, because if not, I won't get it for probably a while. Also, I'd sure love to get a few more letters even though we got mail on Wednesday. Really that was just a nice coincidence, and we don't get mail a whole lot here in Querétaro, being so far from the offices. Brig, if you want to Google Earth it, I'm in Santa Rosa Jáuregui, Querétaro, and the offices are in Cuautitlán Izcalli, México. Mira Azul 69, Col. Cumbria if you want to see the actual building.

Study is going really well, and I feel like I'm getting a lot more personal revelation than what I did before. I read Alma 39 today, so this week I got all the Zoramite preaching and Alma talking to Helaman and Shiblon. Alma 36 is my favorite chapter of scripture (closely followed by Psalm 23, I think) and I really wish now that I would've put Alma 36:24 on my missionary plaque (is that the right kind of plaque, or is that the tooth kind?). Too late, though, I guess. I've been studying Preach My Gospel lately, which has been excellent. I just finished chapter 6, and I'm loving every bit of it. Brig, the PMG you gave me inspired me to start doing margin notes, because I almost never did, and so that's been a great source of personal revelation as well. Thanks, bro. Basically, my English PMG will be heavily marked and ready for use for the rest of my life by the time I get home, and the Spanish one is next. I want to finish the Book of Mormon in Spanish again before doing that. Right now I'm in Alma 40 (same as English, coincidentally), and loving that just as much. I also think Alma 26 is a lot better in Spanish than in English for some reason.

I didn't know that Andrew was sick, but I'm sorry. It's nice that he's doing better and that you have the priesthood in your home to bless him. There really is so much power in a worthy father giving his child a blessing. It's something I didn't appreciate before, but now realize just how amazing that was. Tara, do good in school even if you don't want to. I know soccer is more fun, but doing well in school is really much more important right now, even if you don't think so. Brig, I can't believe you have hair. I'm not sure why you play with Tara's all the time, because you have your own for the first time in your life. You look good, and I'm glad you're staying busy (even if it's a little too busy). Manuel, you might as well get used to the Mexican Spanish. We've got you outnumbered. Alicia, thanks for coming and updating me on Scott and your family. Canyon and Savanna look like they're growing up a lot, and it was fun to talk to them, even for just a little bit. Alyssa, thanks so much for coming. My reactions are coming in letter form, so be patient. Also, I love how long your hair is. The pictures (as much as I love them and want you to keep sending them frequently) just don't do you justice.

Mom good work on your talk. That's super cool about the new Provo temple. I was really hoping I'd be home for the dedication, and I think it would be super cool to go. I also feel like I've grown up a lot. I don't think I've changed at my core very much, but I feel like I've matured and have gotten rid of some habits and attitudes that were holding me back. This has really been an amazing experience for me, and I continue to grow and learn every day. The best part is that I'm not even halfway through. Elder Lewis also had a good chat with his family. Jessie Beck actually came over, so I saw her, but didn't say anything. I did know her in high school, just by the way. I'm glad Alyssa enjoyed yesterday so much. Even though I know I'm not serving for her, I know that she'll be blessed for the sacrifice that we're all making, and I sure hope we'll be able to benefit from all the lessons we're learning even after I'm back. Unfortunately for me, that depends a lot more on her than on me. We'll see what happens, though.

A very happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers and women who have influenced my life. Your sacrifices, even when unknown by many, are all recognized by our Father in Heaven, and you are fulfilling an essential part of His plan by being the excellent mothers you are. I'm so grateful for all of my aunts, sisters, sister-in-law, grandmas, and my mom for being a big part in making me who I am today.

I know that this is truly the Lord's work. His hand guides us and molds us into the servants He would have us be. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Only through Him is our salvation possible. He is the Only Begotten of the Father, who took upon Him every single one of our sins, infirmities, pains, afflictions, and sorrows. Even though He knew all things through the Spirit, He experienced it all in the flesh in order to take it all fully upon Him. His Atonement is the single greatest act that has ever been done and ever will be. He, through His divine attributes as God's Son, overcame the bounds of physical and spiritual death, becoming the only means of return to our Heavenly Father. He loves us infinitely. He is our advocate with the Father who sends the Comforter in our times of trial. I know that God is our Father. He also loves us infinitely. So much so, that He gave His son to fulfill the Atonement, and assure return to Him through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel. I know that living the Gospel will make us happy, and nothing else will. I know that living the Gospel will change us for the better, and nothing else can. I know that living the Gospel is the way that our family can be together for eternity, according to God's eternal plan of happiness and redemption.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home