Monday, May 7, 2012

I was going for kind of an Obi-Wan-Kenobi look. How'd I do?

you can't tell, but we actually primed this wall (as in painted with primer)





Git 'R Done!

This was a pretty good week. I'm really liking my area and we have some pretty good investigators. We had a family come to church that could be super good except for the husband. He came for the first time this week, but they aren't married, and he's a little resistant. Really he's just never been religious and is a little agnostic. Anyway, we're working with them, and I have a lot of faith that they'll be baptized and be excellent members of the church before too long. This week was also the first week that I've done 140 contacts (10/day/companion) which is what Elder Ballard asked all the missionaries in the world to do. I didn't used to be good at them, but when I finally did, my companions weren't, so we never quite made it. This week, though, we did, and are planning on doing it every week. Elder Lewis is a really good missionary and a hard worker, and we're doing work here as Brigham would say. Also, we've had some pretty serious, but super cool, thunderstorms about every night this week. Hooray for the early rainy season.

So I've started studying Preach My Gospel again along with my BOM chapter a day. I read Alma 32 today which is just a great chapter. Alma and Amulek are basically just excellent. We're going to be like them here in Jurica. Also, PMG is going well. I'm in chapter 3, lesson 4 right now, but I'm studying it really seriously, scriptures and everything. That's going really well, and I feel good about it all.

As far as cooking in celsius, I'm constantly converting kilometers to miles and celsius to fahrenheit in my head, first of all to know what the heck is going on, and second because I love being able to do it, so I do. Measurements are really easy, but I guess I don't need to tell you if you've got Lys and Manuel helping out, too. I guess just tell them what cake box mix you buy, and they can make it happen. I always thought it was a recipe... I've been living a lie. Elder Lewis started the same day as me, but got to Mexico a little later because he was 9 weeks in the MTC. The rest of my generation got here August 23, when I was originally going to get here. That's cool that everyone knows him, though. We've talked a lot about who we remember from high school, and we knew a lot of the same people, but just never really knew each other. Now we do, though. Sounds like Tara's life is pretty busy right now. That's cool about the setting apart. I gave a really good blessing this week, too. It felt literally like an out-of-body experience. I felt like I was kind of above everything watching it all going on (with my eyes closed, of course). I don't know, it was different, but pretty cool. Tell your prom date to just step off. If he's going to be really annoying and you don't want it, just tell him what's up. Ask Alyssa S. how that works with Britain. She'll know what you mean. On the ACT, just don't stress. Obviously, be prepared, but don't stress out about it. Have the attitude that you are going to ace it and be confident. That's all that I've ever done (aside from the preparing part... oops) and it worked out fine for me. If you are nervous, you won't do as well. That's it, really. Brig, good work for staying busy. I sure hope I don't need to have 3 jobs when I get home, though I very well may depending on how things go. It's good to stay busy, though, and I'm glad you got to go to the temple, too. Also, I'm jealous that you and Tara get to go to Peru. I'm looking forward to that when I get back. How's your Spanish holding up? I'll be looking forward to talking to you on Sunday to make sure the Mexicans taught you right. Mom, thanks for sending the package. The cookies were good and soft last time, so I'm not expecting hard and crunchy. We have interviews on the 16, so it may just get here in time for me to get it right when it shows up. Excellent.

Skype will be next Sunday between 5 and 5:30 your time. There's a member here with a super good connection (says his girlfriend that goes to BYU but is living down here right now), so it should be good. I assume Alyssa will see this, but mom, please remind her.

Well I feel like that's everything, but that I'm missing something... who knows. I no longer play piano in sacrament because this ward has people that do, but way too quiet. Dang. Anyway, I know that this is the Lord's work. Not just what we're doing out here, but everything that you're doing at home to help yourselves and those around you come to Christ. Heavenly Father really does watch over us and guide us to help others if we let Him. His plan is absolutely perfect, and He'll never leave us alone. He loves us more than we can know, and has prepared the way for us to become as He is. Jesus Christ truly is His Son that gave His live to save all of those who would believe on His name. There is no other way to get to the Father aside from through the name of Christ. I know that as we worthily bear His name, having taken it upon us at baptism, the blessings of heaven will be poured out on us. Heavenly Father desires to give us all the He has, and so long as we qualify for it, it will be ours. "Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can"

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home