Monday, February 6, 2012

Senior Companion

Mexican snowman made of hail
The District
Well today we had transfers, and I'm staying here with Elder Garcia from Oaxaca. I'm the senior companion, even though he has 1 transfer less than me in the mission, but I'm really excited. This week was ok, and we did a lot of exchanges again, which makes working in two areas even more difficult. Even so, I feel really good. We had stake conference this week, which was excellent, and the president of the Mexico City Temple was there as well as President Call. Also, it's been raining almost every day this week as well as a bunch of lightning and even some hail yesterday afternoon. Pretty crazy, but I'm loving it. This week we have interviews, and soon every companionship will be getting a cell phone which will be a huge help. I'm assuming they'll come with interviews, but we'll have to see.

I've been reading the conference ensign lately, and it's been amazing. There are some really really excellent talks in this conference, and I've just been really inspired from them. Probably my favorite was President Eyring's talk about priesthood preparation. Wow. Really they were all just amazing and I found inspiration in every one, even from the relief society session (even though I'm male, not because relief society session isn't as good). Every missionary here gets "the 4th missionary", and I've read it several times. It's really an excellent talk, and you should look it up if you can. It was given by Lawrence E. Corbridge when he was a mission president in 2002. Basically, I'm just seeing the fulfillment of another part of my patriarchal blessing in all this, and feeling much more guidance and instruction from the Holy Ghost every day.

Elder Tuttle was a really great Elder, that's fun that you got to meet him. He was a really funny guy, too. Anyway, that's fun that he met you. Good work deciding to drop the math class. Really Alyssa can probably teach you better anyway. I haven't gotten the package yet, but with interviews on Friday, I imagine it'll come. No worries there. That's so great that you got a bunch of sealings done. I've really felt strongly about temples and the work we do there lately. By the way, me and Brig may get to see each other at the temple this month. I'll let you know how that goes. Dad told me about Bro. Scoubes. That's so great for him, and I'm really excited that he got that calling. It'll be fun to come home to be in that quorum again. Tell him I'm really proud of him, and that he'll do a great job with the Lord's help. Also, tell him I'm terribly sorry, but I had to retire his tie. It was just in bad shape, and if I keep using it, I know it'll get destroyed. I'm still going to keep it, just in my suitcase.

That's fun that Andrew is still growing up so much. Too bad he isn't talking more, but that will come. It would be fun to see all the cute things he does, though. That's one thing I've missed a lot while I've been here. It's ok, though. Just plan it so there are more when I get back.

I had thought about my future admissions essay and what I would say, and I think it would be pretty good. I really just continue to learn so much every day. The Lord is really blessing me so much that I can hardly keep up with all the blessings. I keep praying every day for more charity. It's sure taking time in coming, but I'm still trying hard to develop it, and I'm definitely praying a whole lot for it. Maybe I should pray for a little more patience while I'm at it. Thanks for fasting for me mom. I really did feel it, though I didn't know why at the time. Yesterday I just felt happier than normal, and I felt the spirit a lot, especially with stake conference. The Lord is sure quick to bless us when we follow Him.

We also had a really cool experience this week. In San Juan, we taught a lesson to a deaf woman. There just happened to be a member with a deaf daughter that could translate for us, and it was amazing. It was just a really strong testimony to me that the Lord knows us and prepares us to be able to accept His gospel. He really does love all of His children, and is always willing to bless us.

I feel like I had a lot more to say, but I can't think of anything else. I know that this church is true. I know that we have a living prophet who guides this church and speaks with God in order to communicate His will to us. President Monson truly is a prophet of God with the keys necessary to direct His church. I know that the scriptures are the word of God. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. He knows our needs, and will bless us beyond what we can imagine if we will humbly plead for the things that He knows we need. I know that as we seek His will before our own, we are blessed. We become more like our Savior and are able to overcome our trials. I know that the Lord prepares the way for each one of us to be able to return to His presence if we are willing to follow Him. Jesus Christ is our Savior, and He gave His life and took it up again so that we, too, might do the same. He makes it possible for us to be Eternal Families and to live with Heavenly Father again. May He bless you all in your efforts to follow Him always.

Elder Joseph Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home