Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Welcome to Tequisquiapan, Queretaro

Well I got here a couple of hours ago, lost, and without any other missionaries around. I didn't get very good instructions as far as how to get here, but it ended up ok, and I'm mostly already moved in. The area is certainly a lot nicer than Apaxco, but it's definitely still Mexico. For today I'm in a trio, because one Elder is going to train, and he'll pick up his companion tomorrow. My companion is Elder Nuñez. He seems like a good Elder, and I'm trying my best to have a good attitude. I don't doubt that the Lord is going to keep testing me here, but I hope I make it out better than last time.

Last week was mostly slow. We had some new people come to church, which was good. Mostly it just seemed like we had a bunch of Christmas festivities that people invited us to, even though that was only Saturday and Sunday. Our district got together Sunday night to just be together for the last time, as well as sleepover so there wouldn't be problems with Elders being alone for the transfers. It was fun, and I'm going to miss those Elders a lot. Don't worry that you called during that, though. It really wasn't a big deal, and I was just glad we did get to talk, although I certainly would've preferred Skype with the whole family there. Well, we're 5 months from the next one...

That's fun that Tara can finally start running again. I'm sure that's a great relief for her, and she'll enjoy her new freedom. She can now run everywhere instead of driving my car, right? I'm glad you all had a good christmas. I didn't hear anything about Lys and Manuel, but I assume their's was good as well.

Well I hope things continue to be well at home. Thanks to everyone for your continued support and encouragement. I know that this church is true. I know that we all have a purpose in being where we are and doing what we're doing, and that the Lord knows what we need. Have the faith to trust in Him. Be thou humble, and the Lord thy God shall lead the by the hand and give thee answers to thy prayers. Follow the spirit, and find opportunities to share the gospel every day. Missionary work is for everyone, not just the full-time Elders. I know that Heavenly Father knows and loves us. He gives us the blessings we need when we need them if we are simply obedient and trust in Him. Fill your lives with the things that really matter, and you will be led to the path that leads to Eternal Life

Elder Joseph Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home