Monday, December 12, 2011

Ups and Downs

Sorry about the short letter last week. We were really rushed because we got back late from Teotihuacan. We're good for this week, though, minus the fact that I don't have my camera cable with me... next week for sure. So we had the marriage and baptism of Diego this week, which was good. His wife is the daughter of a less active who is also less active herself, but now seem to want to come back to activity in the church. Excellent. Other than that, things are a little rough right now. Finding is hard, and finding the elect is even harder. We still keep working, though, and I'm sure things will turn out just great.

Regarding Christmas, we have the option of either a phone call or Skype, but I don't know which it will be yet or when or how to reach me. I'll find out this week and let you know for sure next week. There's just an extreme shortage of computers and especially webcams in Apaxco, and I don't know if we'll be allowed to use a member's computer or not. I'll work it out and tell you next week. Also, I don't know if Alyssa has talked to you about coming for that or not, but if we could make that happen, I'd be really happy about it.

So Teotihuacan is really really cool, and a whole lot bigger than I thought it would be. It's certainly something that would be fun to go to when you come down to pick me up (if that's still your plan) and we could hit up Cancun, just because that would be amazing. Essentially there are three main pyramids:Luna, Sol, and Quetzalcoatl (the feathered serpent, aka Jesus). All three are pretty big and you can climb up all of them. The steps are really tall, which isn't a good combination with a short-legged boy, but I made it up ok. You may be shocked in some of the pictures when I send them next week. All I can say is this: yellow tie (?!).

Well I'm glad to hear things are going well for everyone. Thanks so much to Tara, Grandma, Grandpa, Scott, Lys, Mom, Dad, Leslie, Em, Sean, Jon, the Banks family, Sharon, Betsy, the Levie family, Brett, Alyssa L., the Shirley family (and the Sykes), Shaundra, Mallory, Katie, Amy, the Lesser family, the Enciso family, the Smith family, the Hatchett family, the Gonzalez family, the Williams family, the Oldroyd family, the Jordan family, the Gerdy family, the Tanner family, and the Shippen family for your contributions to my package. Every one of your letters was so greatly appreciated, and I'm so grateful for all of your testimonies. You give me so much spiritual strength, and I can't thank you enough for that.

I know that this church is true. Jesus Christ is our savior. Heavenly Father sent His son to die and more importantly resurrect for us. Although we focus more on His suffering, the resurrection really brings about our only chance for salvation. I know that this church was restored through Joseph Smith, and that the prophetic keys and authority of the fulness of the gospel reside today in a living prophet: Thomas S. Monson. This is the only true church of the way, the truth, and the life, even Jesus Christ. The ordinances we perform by this sacred authority are necessary for happiness in this life, and eternal life in the world to come. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it contains the fulness of the everlasting gospel, and that a man will get closer to God through it's pages than through any other book. It truly is sacred, inspired scripture for our day.

Elder Joseph Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home