Monday, March 4, 2013

March Already...

Well I can't believe we're already in March.  February essentially constitutes the time I've been in this area, but it seems like nothing and forever at the same time.  I look very much forward to not being on MNT (missionary non-standard time) anymore.  Anyway, this week, we finally had some people come to church.  One of them, Teresa, has a baptismal date for next Sunday, but we're going to have to see if she'll be ready.  I think she can be, but only if she's going to let us visit every day to teach all the lessons and help her get ready.  She already got a testimony of the church and the Book of Mormon, so the hard part is over.  We also had a 9-year-old kid from a part-member family come, and he accepted a date for the 17.  I was pretty happy to finally have people at church preparing for baptism.
That was mostly it for us this week, but it sounds like everyone at home was pretty busy.  That's good that it's starting to warm up finally.  If it didn't, we'd only be in the 50s by the time I get home.  Dad, I've gained a new perspective on gardening and yard work, so count on me if there's still work to be done in June/July (and through the fall if you'll let me live at home).  Time sure is flying, but I'm not going to get trunky.  I'm committed to working until the very end.  I'm glad to hear the Joker's better.  A distributor problem is probably easier to deal with than a timing belt problem, so I'm expecting to still get some good kicks out of that old car.  Tara, good work on being accepted to BYU.  It's weird to think that you'll be graduated and ready for college when I'm back.   
I know that God is watching over all of us.  I know that He orchestrates so many opportunities for growth and happiness in our lives every day.  If we pray and watch for them, we can live a full, happy life.  I know that His plan for us is absolutely perfect, and each of us has full capacity to obtain all the blessings that He so wants to give us.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  I know that He will come again to reign over His earth, and that He'll come soon.  I know that the Atonement is perfect and infinite.  It can resolve anything negative in our lives and bring us true happiness.  I know that as we apply it in our lives, we experience the "joy of the saints" (Enos 1:3).  I know that President Monson is a prophet of God.  His counselors and the twelve are all special witnesses of Jesus Christ, and they direct and guide the kingdom of God on the earth.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and is a perfect, convincing evidence of the truth of the Restoration of the gospel.  I know that it answers our questions and problems through the Spirit that it contains.  I witness of the divinity of the Book and of Jesus Christ, of whom it witnesses.
Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home