Monday, March 11, 2013

Stake Conference and a Baptism. Sweet.


Bowling shoes are awesome
 
Teresa's baptism
 
Sister Call was greeted by these two handsome elders at stake conference
 
Well this was a pretty good week.  I feel like we worked better and we taught more this week.  Unfortunately, nobody new came to church.  We had stake conference this week and it was way good.  They reorganized the stake presidency because the stake president is going to be a mission president.  That meant that Elder Johnson (area president) and Elder Hernández (area 70) were at the meeting.  President and Sister Call also came as well as President and Sister Gonzalez (temple president), so we were filled to the brim with important people.  The meeting was mostly about missionary work and temple work, and the Spirit was very strong.  Elder Johnson said he doesn't apologize for giving us more work.  The whole meeting was just testimonies of the outgoing and incoming presidencies, the temple and mission presidents, and then a talk from Elders Hernández and Johnson.  I talked to Elder Johnson for a little bit after because I have a question that I've wondered about.  I asked if being a special witness of Jesus Christ (70 or Apostle) comes from the calling or if it is a pre-requisite or just how that works.  He said "I don't know... it's probably a combination of both".  I guess the search continues, then. 

After conference, we found out that our chapel didn't have water, so we went to the next area over, Tequexquinahuac to have a double baptism with those elders.  Teresa could really feel that God had forgiven her and given her a chance to be born again.  It was way cool, and the Spirit was strong.  The other elder's baptism was a 13-year-old whose family used to be investigators, but only he was willing to progress.  He bore his testimony that even though his family isn't here, he's knows he's where he's supposed to be.  I wish I had a testimony like that at 13.  Anyway, it was really cool, and we're all happy for Teresa. 

Today also brought emergency transfers for Elder Turek.  He went to Conejos (Atotonilco), and Elder Timoteo came with me.  He says his house is about three hours from Trujillo, Peru.  He's a convert as of five years ago, and has a lot of energy.  Our personalities don't match at all, but I'm trying hard to not judge or criticize and to make a strong, successful companionship.  He's only been out since November, so I'm hoping I can have a strong influence in helping him become a powerful missionary. 

It sounds like things are all going well at home.  Sister Call takes pictures of everything, so it's nice that she sends you some even when I don't.  All of the Call's immediate family is already grown up, so it's not their child.  Their youngest son served a mission and got back like three years ago.  They're probably related, especially if the sister is from Mexico, but they're not immediate family.  I'm glad Dad's finally going to finish that course.  I imagine it's been a very time-consuming thing, and it'll be good to get away from technology and get outside or get working like normal again.  Tara, that's fun that you got asked to prom.  I was hoping for a Spanish letter, and it wouldn't hurt you to practice, but oh well.  You'll get plenty of practice when I'm home and won't speak to you in English.  I'm glad you learned a little about grace, but there's so much more to it than you now realize.  It's something definitely worth studying, though.  I'm glad Alyssa's doing well.  I got two letters from her today, including a valentine.  Thanks a whole lot, I loved it.  I'm glad the grandkids are doing well.  I just love hearing about all their crazy antics.  Happy birthday this week to Alicia.  What major did Scott choose?  It sounds like Brig's doing well, too.  When exactly does he leave and get back?  Elder Coley's a great elder, and I'm sure he can handle BYU.  He's chaged a whole lot since before the mission (really just when I met him in the MTC).   

I have a favor to ask: if someone could tell my mom Trent Johnson's address, I'd appreciate it.  I want to write him, but I can't remember his address for sure.  I think it's 1937 N 280 W, but I'm not totally sure, and it's not worth trusting the Postal Service to just get it htere.  Anyway, I'd appreciate anyone that could pass that along to my mom. 

I know that this is the Lord's work.  I know with all of my heart and soul that we are children of God.  He loves us so perfectly, and He knows us perfectly as well.  I know that He hears our prayers and answers them when we ask how and for what we should.  I know that all things are possible to those that believe in Him and His Son, Jesus Christ.  I know that He is our Savior, and that we can all become new creatures through His Atonement.  I know that He is the Lord of the Universe, and that He will come in glory in a not-too-distant future day to reign over all the earth.  I know that living the gospel will prepare us to be acceptable to Him and to be able to receive kingdoms, thrones, powers, and principalities from Him who holds all flesh in His hands.  I know that we can all access the blessings of the Atonement if we will just live the first principles and ordinances of the gospel.  It isn't too difficult for anyone to do, and the blessings are so much greater than what we will ever give. Even though God blesses us far out of proportion, if we give our all, He will give us His all.
 
Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home