Monday, February 11, 2013

Faith Precedes the Miracle

Well we also had an interesting week here.  Unfortunately, we're having a hard time finding here as well.  We're certainly working hard, and I feel good about the effort we put in, but there were just so few results.  We had several days that were full of appointments with referrals and everything looked great, then everyone cancels on us an hour before.  That can happen about once a week and be normal, but it happened four days this week.  To top things off, we got a call from Javier on Saturday that his whole family suddenly got sick and didn't think they could come to church for his confirmation.  We headed over with 1 Ne. 4:6 plastered on our faces.  When we showed up, I felt that we just needed to teach what we had planned and give him a blessing, leaving it in the Lord's hands. In the blessing, I was inspired to promise him to feel well enough to go to his confirmation and we left.  They called us Sunday morning to say "can we come pick you up and go together?"  Needless to say, we were extremely relieved.  I know that God provided us that miracle because we had the faith that He could and would.

I can't believe the week that you had at home.  I'm so glad everything ended up ok with Avery.  I suppose the problem with only hearing from you once a week is not being able to pray for things like that when they come.  The good news is that I've learned a whole lot about trusting in the Lord's purposes, so I'm sure it's for something.  I'm glad that things are going well with Lys and Manuel in Peru.  I wish I had some kind of business plan like theirs so I can make some good money when I get back.  Every time I hear about their business, I just realize how blessed they are for having done that, and I'm sure I'll need some additional income when I get home.  The same problem with the youth exists here, and I imagine it's even worse than there.  We had a meeting with the bishop to start planning real missionary work, and he told us that he doesn't know who ward missionaries could be because essentially all of the youth and young single adults are in disciplinary action and the adults that aren't work literally all day.  Satan is just attacking so hard right now.  If we aren't firmly planted on the Rock of Christ, we won't be able to stand when he sends forth his torments and fiery darts.  

I forgot to mention that last week all the Mexico City missions had a meeting with Elder Nelson in the MTC in DF.  He talked about our lineage and what it means to be of the Abrahamic Covenant.  It was pretty cool, but not what any of us were expecting.  This week we'll have a meeting with Elder Alonso (counselor in the area presidency), so that should be good as well.

I know that this is the only true gospel on the earth. God is our Father and He loves us so much.  I know that He is always mindful of us, our circumstances, and our needs.  I testify of the power of pure, sincere prayer, and I know that God hears and answers our prayers.  Even when His timing and will are different than ours, He answers with our progress and happiness in mind every time.  I testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.  His Atonement is the only way that we can be saved and exalted.  I know that as we come unto Him, He will take away our sorrows and pains, making our burdens light.  I testify of the comfort that we can receive as we do so.  There is absolutely nothing that is beyond His ability and desire to help, heal, and save us.

 

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home