Monday, January 7, 2013

"Come, Let Us Anew"


                           Christmas dinner! I couldn't have been happier
                                                        I wrapped that



            This is a tlayuda.  It's pretty big and really good
                                                 This dog is huge!
Well here we are at the beginning of another new year.  It's starting to dawn on me how little time I have left.  As of today, I've got 5 1/2 months left.  That's nuts.  Things are still a little rough here, but they're at least improving.  I had to have a very stern talk with E. Vicente, but the good news is he's being more obedient.  Not completely, mind you, but's it's a step in the right direction, and that's perfectly fine with me.  E. Maxwell talks a lot about the important thing is being pointed in the right direction, not the velocity with which we advance.  I've decided to make a book of his best quotes now that I've printed off all of his conference talks.  It'll be pretty good.  Anyway, we still aren't finding at all, but we're working more with the less-actives, and had 2 families come back to church this week.  One is a couple that was sealed a while ago but just stopped coming because they found easier things to do than travel by combi for a half hour to get to church on Sundays.  The other is the mom and daughter to whom we took groceries on the 30.  I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting and gave the lesson in Relief Society about the work of salvation.  I was given little notice, but it turned out quite well if you ask me.  

I sure hope you can save the joker.  If not, I still want in on the decision for the "new" car.  That's interesting that so much has been happening as far as house problems lately.  I know we've had colder temperatures than that, so who knows why it all happened this year.  I like the gift you gave to grandma and grandpa.  Plan on my help with expanding that when I get home.  By the way, thanks grandpa and grandma Sumner and the Lesser family for your Christmas cards that I received this week.  It sounds like Dad's new job is a little rough, but at least he's working.  Regarding Bishop William's comments, I've always felt that a missionary doesn't need an obedient companion to help him be obedient, even if he's new.  Obedience is something that needs to be learned long before coming on a mission, especially with all that has been changing and improving for missionary work.   I certainly understand your point of view, and I agree that it's very important, but I wouldn't apply it to obedience.  Everywhere else, though, I agree.  Why is it bad news that we got changed to the 1-4 schedule?  That would just mean we have more time in the morning to study, prepare ourselves, and invite the Spirit.  I'm totally fine with that.  Happy birthday Brigham.  I remembered your birthday last week, but forgot to mention it.  Happy birthday Alyssa S. this week.  You'll finally be as old as I am for a few months.

I know that this is the Lord's work.  We can only do it in His way, or we won't have His blessings.  I testify that we are all part of it, and we are all entitled to the blessings that He promises us when we do things His way.  I know that Heavenly Father loves us.  His love, mercy, and grace are infinite, as are His justice, fairness, and patience.  Thank goodness, because we all need those at some point or another.  I know that the trials we pass through are for a reason.  Very seldom do we understand the why while we're in them, but God always has a wise purpose in putting us through tough times.  I know that the fact that He tests us is a manifestation of His love and His desire to help us become like Him.  I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of all those who accept that fact and live the gospel.  No one is exempt or uncapable of receiving those blessings.  I know that the Atonement can heal us, lift us, and strengthen us.  I testify that only by living the gospel of Jesus Christ can we attain to those blessings and receive all that the Father hath.  There is no serendipity when it comes to receiving blessings, everything is deliberate.  I know that this is Jesus Christ's true church, and that His power, even the priesthood of God, is on the earth once more and can only be found in this church.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and contains a fulness of the everlasting gospel.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home