Monday, July 23, 2012

Another New Beginning

Well today was transfers, and I'm now here with Elder Cox from Emery, Utah. He doesn't know if the Cox's we know are family, but he imagines they are. Elder Peña and I had a great last week together, though. We almost got all of our goals, and we had two baptisms (Jorge and Aldo). I feel like together we made it a great week for him to finish on, and he's now in Teotihuacan and heads home on Wednesday. Our baptisms went great, and both boys seem like they'll be really good young men. Their sister also got reactivated with their baptisms, and I think this is going to be a great little member family. We also had Luis and Emmanuel get ordained to the Priesthood, so it was a really successful Sunday. I can't send pictures because the connection on my camera broke, which means I can only use an SD insert, which not all computers have. It also means I can't charge my camera, so I may be needing a new one... dang it.

That's fun that Scott and Alicia are moving. I hope everything goes well with that. Lys, I don't know how big a turnip is, but It has to be bigger that an avocado (Mexican, Peruvian, or American is still to be determined). It sounds like Tara's staying really busy, so that's good. Just remember not to overbook yourself and get too worn out. Also, don't even worry about your tan lines. Missionary ones are probably worse than with a brace. Brig, good work on speaking in church. We also spoke on Sunday, but with no notice. It was supposed to be ward conference, but I guess it got cancelled last minute, and 4th Sunday is usually missionary Sunday, so we got the shaft. It turned out really well, though. I felt to speak on Luke 15 and the three parables that Christ gives there. It turned out really well, and we got lots of comments, so that was fun.

Mostly this week was just normal working, though. We just did it a lot better, more with the Spirit, and more like Heavenly Father would want. That's really just a recipe for success, it turns out.

I know that Heavenly Father loves us and knows us. He really is our Father. He loved us enough to sacrifice His son to save us all. Christ's merits, mercy, and grace are the only way that we can be saved in the celestial kingdom. All that Heavenly Father and Christ do for us are to take us to a higher sphere of living. Their purpose is to exalt us so that we can be as they are, with the chance to have an eternal family that can grow and progress for eternity. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. As long as we ask, we will receive. If we seek, we will find. I know that is true. I testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer who loosed the bands of death. His church has been restored in these latter days for the perfecting of the saints through the gifts of the Spirit. I know that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the restauration, and that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's anointed oracle on the earth today. As we follow the Gospel, our lives will be better here and forever. It is the road to salvation and eternal lives.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home