Monday, April 30, 2012

                                          my official new calling (read the thing on the cake)
                                                                new mission dress code
It's a Small World...

Well I've been transferred.  I'm now in Jurica in Querétaro México.  I'm in the same state, which is excellent, because I just love Querétaro, but a different zone.  My new companion is Alex Lewis, with whom I went to high school, though we didn't know each other very well.  We hit it right off, though, and I can tell that this is going to be a great companionship.  In short, I'm stoked.  Also, I'm sure when Becca finds out, she will probably freak out.  Anyway, that was an unexpected, but not unappreciated change.

Yesterday, we had a funeral for Hno. Nuñez, who died shortly after we reactivated him.  It was really sad, because he's a great guy, and was the very first member in Tequis, but at the same time it was good.  His wife died two months ago, which inspired our visits to him and his son who is also inactive, and he's been really sad since then.  I'm sad he's gone, but I doubt he is.  Anyway, I got to play piano at his funeral, and afterwards, I guess it's not uncommon to "sing to the person who died".  We sang probably half of the hymnbook and were there 2 hours afterwards.  We had stayed at the chapel after church to help with preparations and to watch the body (apparently super important), so I played the piano for a while as we waited.  Later finding out that they wanted me to play for another 2 hours was, honestly, annoying, as much as I love playing the piano.  6 hours is really just too much.  Anyway, at about hour 5, I was sore from sitting so long, my fingers were tired (unbelievable, I know), and I was getting really stiff.  I was ready to be done.  I had the thought that "it's what he wanted" and realized just how selfish I was being by not wanting to keep going.  It was a nice opportunity to literally forget about my own problems and do something for someone else (even if they're dead).  That was really nice for me, and I feel like I do have at least a little bit of charity in me.

I'm glad to hear Alyssa's doing spring semester.  I was curious about that and knew that any letters would come probably by about the time the semester's over.  I'll be looking forward to the ASL.  I still remember a little bit from what we learned when I went to EFY with the deaf kids, but not much.  Lys, great work on being amazing at your job.  I can't say I'm surprised that they think you're the best.  Tara, good work on prom queen.  En serio ya eres una reinita.  Also, keep up the good soccer work.  I still plan on beating you when I get back, though.  Also, do you know Steinia Dort from Celtic Storm?  She's my age, and she went to Orem.  I'm just asking because she's Elder Lewis's girlfriend, and she looks super familiar, but who knows why.  I've come up with a great reharmonization from How Firm a Foundation that will be excellent in addition to the crescendo, so you'll have that to look forward to.  Tara, thanks for keeping my legacy alive, and expect improvements on it when I'm back.  Mom, I'm proud of you for knowing that it's called a crescendo pedal.  I'm glad to hear my sobrinitos are doing well, even if Andrew has a bit of a temper.  He'll grow out of it, but only if you teach him to.  Remember, encouragement is infinitely more effective than punishment.  Ignore the bad behavior and praise excessively the good.  Mom, if you want to make Brigham happy with food, just put chile in everything and call it "a-la-mexicana".  I haven't grown extremely attached to the food here.  I'll miss a good torta and some good tacos, but that's mostly it.  Also sesina.  Sesina is heaven in meat form.  Dad, good work on your Spanish.  Are you still studying it?  You told me a while ago that you were starting some kind of course.  As far as not responding to people, I really don't usually have time.  I have to write President, read everyone's letters, then write this one, all in 45 minutes, and I really just don't have time.  I can try to make it happen, but I can't guarantee anything.

I finished the Old Testament this week, and will now move on to an extensive study of Preach My Gospel in addition to a chapter a day of the Book of Mormon (it keeps the doctor away, also the Jehova's Witnesses).  In Spanish, I'm in Alma 18, and in English, Alma 26.  Basically language study has been a review of my last few days of personal study, but it's good.

Mom, I have a huge favor to ask.  I need you to have Brigham translate the recipes for the chocolate chip pudding cookies and german chocolate cake and send them to....  I promised an hermana to ask for them, then I got transferred, and she wants them really bad.  Thank you in advance.

Also, regarding Mother's Day, we need to figure out a new plan now.  I'll talk to members this week and let you know for sure next week, but it'll still be Sunday, probably around the same time, so it's not a huge deal.  I'll let you know.  Also, did you get that package sent off?  Just curious...

I know that this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is our Master and our King, and I know that He will come again to rule and reign over all the inhabitants of the earth.  He is the Son of God who paid the price for our sins in order to bring about mercy for all those that will repent.  I know that God's plan for us is perfect, and that He has given us all that we need in order to return to live with Him as families.  I know that families can be eternal based on obedience to covenants made.  As we keep them, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise, and the Lord blesses us now and for eternity.  I know that Christ lives.  He died for us, but He lives.  Because He lives, we will all live again and stand before God to be judged according to our works.  I know that the Gospel was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith.  He was called of God by prophecy and by the laying on of hands to effect this great work, and President Monson is his authorized successor in our day.  He is a prophet, seer, and revelator, as are his counselors and the 12 apostles.  I know that Heavenly Father loves us.  He hears and answers us as we pray in faith in the name of His Beloved Son, even our Savior Jesus Christ.

Elder Facer

                                                             

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home