Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Couple of Days in Querétaro Does a Man Some Good

Elder Facer's Fantastic tie collection (minus a few I've retired and one that I'm wearing)
Who says I don't know how to make my bed? Well this week was a little different in that we did some extended divisions with our district and zone leaders. I went with the zone leaders in Querétaro from Tuesday through Thursday, and my companion was with our district leader. Basically that was just really nice. Our zone leaders are really great, and I learned a whole lot from the experience. Really it just felt like a whole different level of missionary work with them in their area. Every day we worked with members, the teaching is better than what I usually see, and it was just better, I don't know. The really nice thing was that both of them separately commented on how good they think I'm doing and that they were impressed with me as a missionary. It was a really nice confidence boost for me to know that even if I'm not seeing results right now, I'm still doing good work and doing things well. Elder Neves goes home next week, and lives over by Cascade (golf, not elementary), and I may send him over to the house to meet you. Brig, talk with him about Rusty. He was in the marines and had a really tough situation before leaving, but he's just a stalwart. Maybe he can help.

I realized today that I've made a lot of hobo friends here in Tequis. Walking down the street to come here, we saw three that never ever fail to say hi in their own unique way. There's one lady that can spot me from a mile away and starts shouting "GUERO!!!" until I shake her hand, another one that, every time we see him, says "you feeneesh wurkeen tooday?" Anyway, just a fun fact about all the new friends I'm making here.

 Regarding the Sr. Johnson situation, there must be a reason that it all happened. Even though the kids are difficult, remember that you're helping her fulfill her duties as a member by letting her go to the temple. You don't know what I would give to take a break from the day to day and go to the temple even once a month, more so once a week. Good work Brigham on your talk. I'm really excited to come home and get to give a bunch of talks to be honest. I just love talking about the gospel. Mom, don't let missionaries touch my guitars. I could've told you that would happen. Anyway, it was good that you did get to feed them and that Brig is helping them out. I haven't really had any language difficulties when it comes to explaining concepts, but there have been a few times where it comes out a little weird, but it would've been amazing in English. Really it's no big deal. It doesn't matter what I say, just that the Spirit is there to tell them it's all true. As far as the books, the Callister one is ok. Miracle of Forgiveness, as much as I wish it were, is not on the list, and I'm not sure why you thought it was. Anyway, I asked President, and he's ok with it, so please send that, and bag the Wilcox one. He'll have to wait until 2013. Alyssa, excellent work on finals! I knew you would do great despite your one bad score in 313. Also, your missing 3 letters showed up this week (thank goodness) and thank you very much for those. I am one of the luckiest people alive.

Regarding Mother's Day, I don't remember what church schedule you're on. For us, it would be best if we could Skype around 4:00 my time (3:00 your time). If that works, let me know and I'll make sure it happens this time. Unless I get transferred, then no guarantees, but I'll try. Really, I wrote this a week too soon, but I'll let you know if I'm still here next week, and we'll make it happen.

 I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and our Savior. He suffered and died for every sin and sorrow we will ever have. He lives, and I know that He still loves us and cares for us in our daily lives. I know that because He was resurrected, we, too, will be raised from the dust, our imperfection putting on immortality and perfection, and we will be able to be with Christ and our Heavenly Father again. I know that because of the Atonement, we can repent and change ourselves into so much more than we could be without Christ. He is our Redeemer from our own carnal natures, and through Him we can become clean and free of burdens. I know that the family is central in Heavenly Father's plan, and that only through the sacred sealing ordinance can we become as He is. Creating a family is a Godly characteristic, and can only be used in the hereafter by those who are worthy of becoming as He is. I know that if we live faithful in keeping all of our covenants, we will have this blessing, and our increase will be Eternal. Heavenly Father loves us

 Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home