Monday, March 26, 2012

Escogidos? Vamos a ver...

Well we finally got some investigators to church this week! They live in Tecozautla, which is about an hour away (40 minutes the way our mission leader drives) and so it's been something a little difficult to have good contact with them more than once a week. I've felt very good about them, and I feel that they are being prepared for baptism. They've accepted a date for the 8 (which will require them to come to Querétaro for general conference, about 2-2.5 hours), but I have faith that this will work out. The dad's name is Cornelio, the mom is Gloria, and the daughter that came with them is Berenice. They have a son who's a member (Gilberto), but he studies in Morelia (Michoacan), but he was less-active and also came with us to church. We need lots of prayers for them and for us to be able to help them out. They aren't married, and Gloria has a drinking problem (darn pulque...), so we have to find the way to help them to live the commandments.

This week I've just felt great. I guess I have to be as happy as two Facer missionaries now that I'm the only one. I've just felt happier, less critical (which is a huge development for me), and more of the Spirit in everything I'm doing. It's so strange to think that Brigham is home. I don't think about it a whole lot until mom sends me a letter with a paragraph as long as D&C 132:19 about all the details. It's just strange to think that normal life goes on after all of this. In the talk, The 4th Missionary, it talks about how things can never really be the same after you return home, and that just kind of hit me while I read that paragraph. Anyway, I'm glad he's doing great and has seen such an amazing change in his life. The living the Gospel has been something that I've been able to strengthen as well (as opposed to just having a testimony). We really do have to be witnesses of God in all times, things, and places. Nothing less is good enough.

I'm super excited for general conference this week. I don't think I've ever looked forward to conference more in my life than I have this week. I'll almost definitely be hearing in Spanish, but Elder Scott (my fave) translates his own talks and reads them because he speaks Spanish. Also, I don't know if I said this already, but read the story on Pres. Monson in the March Ensign. It's excellent. I've finished reading Abinadi and started Alma's story. That's a very cool one, and Lys, I decided I really want to go on that trip that you went on. Having only been to Teotihuacan (a city built when the Nephites started going downhill) you can relate so much and learn so much about the history and the Gospel given in the Book of Mormon. To see more of that would be just amazing. Also, I just finished Psalms today. That is a great book.

I'm glad everyone's doing so well. I'm sure you're all seeing the blessings now of having a missionary back in the house. I've realized that, although we're blessed during our service, the greatest blessings (eternal life, for example) only come after the faithful service is completed. 2 Tim. 4:7 anybody? (I think... that's the "fought the good fight, kept the faith" one, right?). Anyway, how great that must be for you all to have such a powerful light back in the home and to have those blessings that I'm sure Brigham is radiating.

I know that this is the only true church with the only true doctring and Gospel on this earth. Heavenly Father loves us and wants so much for us to return to Him, but it all depends on our willingness to humble ourselves and do what He asks. The blessings we receive for so doing will always outweigh the necessary sacrifices. I know that Heavenly Father loves us all and He knows our every thought and action. His greatest desire and His purpose as a divine being is only to help us to become as He is. I know that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us. How truly wonderful the Atonement is. It is infinite in scope, in coverage, and in love. It is always available to all those who need it for whatever reason. I know that lives can change when we accept Christ as our Savior and King and allow Him to make of us all that we can be. Not only is this the only true Gospel, it's also the one that gives us the most potential to be happy for eternity. I know that this is true, and I know that Christ will never let His sheep away unless they themselves choose to flee. Even then, His mercy and grace are sufficient to bring them back into His fold. He stands at the door of our hearts and knocks. If we open, He will pour out blessings upon our heads that we can't even imagine. I know He loves us and will guide us as we put all of our faith in Him and Him alone.

Elder Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home