Monday, March 12, 2012

La Peña, part II

Me qualifying for Gideon's army of 300
:(not featured) I saw a bunch of Dos Equis beer bottles in the street one day and thought of the guy from the commercial saying "I don't usually drink beer, but when I do, I get totally wasted"

Me and my good friends San Judas Tadeo and La Virgen de Guadalupe (the two most common idols of Mexican Catholocism)

Who's that? Spider-man?! Oh wait, that's just me
Just a sneak peak at my soccer jersey collection (Querétaro Gallos Blancos)

Well we went to Bernal again this week which was fun, and I even got to hike it in normal clothes this time. We had a good time, and I took some decent pictures, so feel free to enjoy those. This week was another rough one as far as missionary labors are concerned, but I'm trying to stay positive. Finding is somewhat difficult right now, and retaining investigators is even harder. We just can't seem to find the elect right now, but we'll keep trying. We got to speak in church this week, which was actually really fun, and I now officially like giving talks. It's fun to be able to share a chain of cohesive thought without being interrupted by unrelated stories (as normally happens in many teaching situations). I spoke on the relation between the baptismal covenant and our duty to be missionaries. I feel it went over fairly well.

So this week I started compiling all the scriptures I have written down about the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel and marking them in my Spanish scriptures. I feel like I'm just starting to understand the importance of all of this, even though I thought I had it pretty well before. Learning is just such a fickle experience. First you feel great and empowered, then you realize you really don't know anything. Anyway, I'm sure happy to continue doing it for the time being, but no guarantees as to the future of such endeavors. Also, I read King Benjamin's final discourse this week. I had never really realized why everyone says that it's so great until this time, and wow. What a talk that was. That's one that I plan on studying very much in depth in the forseeable future. Also, I'm now in 2 Chronicles in the OT. I've started reading Jesus the Christ at night before bed, and I'm getting a lot more out of that, too, and it's been another good experience.

It sounds like things are going well for everyone at home. Brigham will be coming home next week, and I'll more than likely stay here in Tequis. It's strange to think that I'm almost at 9 months, when it seems like I just passed 8. Anyway, Tara, excellent work on finally getting back into soccer, and you can expect a scrimmage from me when I'm back. Lys, I'm sorry that Andrew failed his checkup (I almost called it an inspection... weird). I'm sure there's really not that much to worry about, and I don't know how much I'd trust that shifty practitioner. Also, Tara, good work on last-minute organ playing. That's essentially my life here in the mission every Sunday/Wednesday (District Meetings), and it's an excellent skill to be able to play any given hymn when asked to do so. I actually thought of Kolton this week, thinking I'd like to make a soccer team with him when we're both back. I'm sure he's doing a great job. Good job on your temple work, mom. I've felt the Spirit a lot when I read about or think about temples, and I'm excited to go all the time upon my return. I'm glad you had that experience when I played the organ. I feel if there's one thing that I do understand fairly well, it's the power that can be brought through music, and I really try to do that every chance I get.

Mom, I know we're still a little ways away, but if you could talk to Alyssa about Mother's Day and the possibility of being there for the Skype, I'd appreciate that. Her mom likes to think things over, and it's never to early to ask permission and make plans.

I know that this is the Lord's work. I know that what I am doing is a part of bringing to pass His eternal purposes and plan of salvation. I know that we are His children and that He loves us. I know that He hears our prayers, and when we ask in faith, He answers them as well. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that He paid the price of our sins so that we can repent and be whole. I know that we can be forgiven of our sins when we turn our hearts back to the Lord and have the faith that He can heal us. I know that the covenants that we have made prepare us to return to Heavenly Father's presence. As we faithfully keep them, the Lord will shower blessings upon us and we will see His hand in our lives. I know that as we faithfully endure to the end, we can qualify for the life that Heavenly Father has. We are recipients for Godhood, eternal increase, and all that the Father hath.

Elder Joseph Facer (the 2nd to last time you'll see two names)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home