Friday, June 24, 2011

One day down (June 22, 2011)

Well, my first day is over...731 to go. Everything is good here; my companion's name is Elder Coley. He's maybe 5'10" and 2x my width. He's from Mesa, but doesn't know the Levi's. Well today we mostly just did orientation-type things, but also had a "teaching workshop" where investigators came in and all 560 of the new missionaries (the biggest in over 6 months) got a chance to ask questions. Then we met the ZLs and now we're in our rooms.
Pdays will be Thursdays, so you won't hear from me until then. They said maybe even Saturday, but we'll see.
It was really great that Elder Saunders picked me up. I think that was the Lord letting me know I'm in good hands. I also saw Alex Lewis, Scott Brady, and the sax player from my 1st combo, Tyler Gardner, all of whom came in today.
I think I would probably be ok in an advanced Spanish class judging by the other elders in my district, but we'll see how it goes. I'm fairly fluent compared to them, who took 3 years max in high school.
The gospel is true. The Lord loves each one of us. He knows us, and knows what our wants and needs are, and is willing to help us obtain them. Jesus' atonement is always available for us to find the peace and comfort found only in the gospel.
Elder Joseph Facer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home